The food thread

Cherry peppers on the brine. Ready in a couple weeks. I used to hate when we were young and my older brother would get the only one in the jar of 'Hot Mixed Pickles' so I decided to get back at him. Every pepper I eat I am going to send him a picture.

Grudge?

Ya, ok. :D

Attachments

• IMG_2193.jpg
    IMG_2193.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 142
Dunkin Donuts re-enters UK Market

English food is so healthful:

Dunkin' Brands Group Inc. DNKN +1.60%has signed a deal to take its eponymous doughnut restaurants to London, as the company continues its push to expand internationally.

The move returns Dunkin' Donuts to the U.K. after it pulled out of the country in the mid-nineties.

Dunkin' Donuts to Enter U.K. Market - WSJ.com

Toady we made a pulled pork with hocks, 'cause they're on sale. Roast them for 3 hours, pull them and add a sauce.

In no particular order or amount:
Mustard
mollasses
soy sauce
salt
liquid smoke
worcester
onion
garlic
ketchup

Honey gave me kisses. It must be ok.

The coleslaw:
Green cabbage
carrot
green onion
lime juice
apple juice
seasoned salt
Olive oil mayo.

More kisses. Life is good today

Attachments

• IMG_2420.jpg
    IMG_2420.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2421.jpg
    IMG_2421.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 104
I add a pinch of sugar to help the yeast build it's colony. Over time the vinegar sour dies off and you get that earthy pepper sauce. This is not Frank's Red Hot Sauce this is more like Tabasco except that mine ferment for only 6 months and I think theirs is 3 years?

Either way, at the end I run it in the blender before straining and bottling.

I am in Montreal this weekend to attend a concert, so got to eat at my favourite bistro, Le Grand Comptoir, on Place Phillips / Phillips Square. Also ate lunch at Dunn's Deli, where I witnessed my daughter devour more meat in one sitting than ever before! (except when I make ribs). Then after shopping, when she got back to the hotel, she ate the leftover duck leg confit from the night before. She only had room for warm chevre salad at dinner.

good one, I like it ... pepper ketchup :p
this time it got milder than usual
and what I intended when I cooked it ... pepper ketchup

your good looking dinner could use some instead of mayo :D

I was really missing that thing;
thx for posting
:eek:
:confused:
...having eaten at dinner: simple quasi-pizza (named : crostoni :yell:)
Some quasi-purèe stuffed with little tuna and fried with/by dust-bread :confused:
dust-bread is a key, like ketchup...
But needs a lots of oil... So, rice for making a nice dish
Would I mind adding anything ? Yes, as the crostoni idea was born from the oven being turned on for making a nice peach crostata or something
:yell:
:cool:

Last night a meat tasting just to see what we thought of some of the top priced stuff. On the left two Australian Wagyu steaks on the right local Vermont dry aged grass fed, both at about $28 a lb.

I seasoned one of each with truffle salt (my own) and pepper before searing and one of each after. Let them reach room temperature and put them on a hot grill testing every few minutes with my needle thin meat thermometer. Managed to get perfect uniform rare IMHO as good as the restaurants get with a sous-vide.

The Wagyu was pure silk and I wish I could have found some grass fed because the Vermont meat edged it out on flavor but not texture, though I will admit I like the almost metalic/livery quality of 100% grass fed beef. Both the pre-seasoned ones were slightly prefered and there was little or no detectable difference in moistness. I was also surprised at how little juice was lost after carving. And yes I threw my dog a little piece since he was just sitting there with that "give me your food" look.

Attachments

• meat.jpg
    meat.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 92