IMG_7581.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_7584.JPG
    IMG_7584.JPG
    205.7 KB · Views: 29
the truck with a wood burning oven
Now how nice is that? :D
I think sushi is good as it is
Good to see someone else doing Maki rolls.
New use for the IR thermometer -- candy thermometer
I use mine for checking the temperature of the asphalt mop carts. I like your idea.
and the highest reward :)
Nice, we haven't had time to pick the blackberries this year but there's still a little time in the cooler areas.

What if meal get patented, like schematic diagrams? For example, salted meal is patented by one restaurant, so the rest have to pay royalties for salting? :)

Yes but schematics are not patented circuits are.

"According to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, food recipe patents fall under Patent Class 426 - Food Or Edible Material “intended to be consumed by human beings or lower animals in whole or part via the oral cavity.”

Sounds appetising doesn't it?

The courts have ruled that recipes do not fall under copyright if you prepare from them for money, only the printed recipe falls under copyright just like schematics.

Enchiladas

Daughter is in town for a baby shower (hers) and is coming over for dinner tonight so I made one of her favorites, Enchiladas.

Since they are trouble to make, I made four trays of beef and one of chicken. I'll freeze four trays and we will eat one tonight along with Tacos, Pinto beans, and Rice with peppers and tomatoes.

It took four hours to make the enchiladas, including clean up.

I need to pick more peppers and tomatoes from the garden.

Attachments

• SmallChickena nd Beef 004.JPG
    SmallChickena nd Beef 004.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 98
  • small Chickena nd Beef.JPG
    small Chickena nd Beef.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 94
Seasoned salt:
All measures in grams.

400 Coarse salt
125 Paprika
70 Black pepper corns
60 Granulated or dried garlic
60 Granulated or dried onion
20 Cayenne flakes
15 Mustard seed
10 Celery seed
10 Turmeric
3 Oregano flake
3 Citric acid

Use a spice mill and run it through a coarse flour sieve. Place in a zip-loc bag and shake or rotate to mix. Mix two or three times before bed and it'll be ready in the morning. If you live in a humid climate add a little rice to reduce clumping.

Feel free to experiment, I know I never make the same one twice but this is the one I made tonight.

When you get it right, you'll never buy the commercial stuff again.

Cheers. :)

Nice, ever use black (or brown) mustard seeds in that? Another nice addition might be my fave "mystery spice", "kalonji", also known (erroneously) as onion seed and sometimes as black cumin (kala jeera, which is actually very different). I understand the Arabic name for it translates as "love in a mist". Anyway it has a lovely rich flavour, great with lamb, and used judiciously would be a fine addition to your seasoned salt recipe above.
(Wikipedia says it has a "pungent bitter taste and smell", but I disagree, I think its flavour is subtle.)

Hi,

The door is open to try anything. This is just a starting point.
No I haven't used other than yellow mustard seed or even mustard powder.
Jeera I can't use as my wife hates cumin for some reason.
I started out 20 years ago just trying to duplicate the commercial one but I realized you can do better. I don't use MSG and I don't use iodized salt.
You can add more or less of those and tell me what you think. Maybe just start with this one and do something more for your next batch.

Bon appetit!

Well a GOOD Jalapeno has distinctive flavor, not at all like a bell pepper. Not very hot, but flavorful. I don't care for peppers that are only hot. Those light green skinny things that have no flavor at all for example.

How hot depends on the weather. If it is really hot outside, then you need a quick sweat. Winter time, a bit milder.