ResisterClone
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Love those grilled beef chops
1695081160423.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Sometimes you have to scratch your head.
On the right looks like a bamboo shoot salad topped with onion flowers but I have no idea what is on the left.
Could be bean and barley salad and topped with pickled ginger
I made it
I ate it
I should not be using rum to help me cook.
One of the things the Japanese do very well in their cuisine is to consider the arrangement... colors, location, textures, order of servings, etc...

They don't drink rum when they cook.

I don't drink rum when I cook either.

My meals are color balanced... I think of the plate and the plating as composing a painting.

What you made, on the left, looks like a crazy chef took some natto and topped it off with potato chips.. Please don't say you put a ton of pickled ginger (looks like the gari they used at sushi bars ) on anything. You're supposed to go very, VERY light with it. It's supposed to cleanse the palate and it balanced the soyu.

Next time, try this instead... just put a little bit. Not only will it balance the colors, but it will not overwhelm the taste buds.

1695095718540.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
They don't drink rum when they cook.
Neither do I but don't let facts get in the way of a good story. I know exactly what the dishes are but chose to add a little levity. You should try it sometime.
What you made, on the left, looks like a crazy chef took some natto and topped it off with potato chips..
Nothing like that at all. I do have a good eye Doctor I can recommend if you need it.
Please don't say you put a ton of pickled ginger (looks like the gari they used at sushi bars ) on anything.
I won't bore your highness with how it is eaten. Safe to say you sound like you are speaking to someone with a few decades less experience.
You're supposed to go very, VERY light with it. It's supposed to cleanse the palate
No such thing as supposed to, and again I won't bore you with its consumption. You might just try and correct something that needs no correction.
Next time, try this instead...
Pickled ginger does not come out of a store bought jar around here. We make it with both new and old ginger depending on its use. What you see in the pic takes about a year before it ready. The young (pink) stuff takes only a month. You should try it Tony. You won't buy it again.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Simple... ask for seconds. No need to load your plate.

You know, if the Spanish Armada had been the Catalan Armada you would have a Great Cuisine in England ( I think Scotland is beyond saving ).

1695147199708.png

I would say you'd also have good football, but we already let you have Pep Guardiola. ;-)

It's odd, when Pep's team played against Sevilla my old-country roots tugged at my heart... so I really wanted Pep to win. -!-

Last edited:
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Instant pot semi-failure this evening. We were making Dudhi Muthiya which is a type of dumpling which you steam then lightly fry with mustard seeds. Got them all read to steam and then realised we don't have any steaming baskets that fit in the instant pot, so had to do it the old way. Phase one worked. Phase 2 tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0098.jpeg
    IMG_0098.jpeg
    536.2 KB · Views: 32
Bill, see if flash frying as a binder to the dumplings works.
You used gram flour or a different flour?

And do post a picture of the final dish.

We sometimes shallow fry "besan ki tikki" then add to onion - garlic - chill stir fry (lots more spices in that)

A typical recipe:
From my Sindhi community, and no ties to the poster, random net search:
https://yummytalesoftummy.com/sindhi-style-besan-tikki-sabzi/