The food thread

Did they have gout from eating all that lobster?
Good question but it was never talked about. Besides, I'm not sure you could eat enough to create an attack. I think there are other triggers that might have cost too much for them.
My Mother's family was large and not well to do. The kids took lobster sandwiches to school while the better off ones had cold cuts.

Astonishing developments at system7 manor today!

My good friend Oleg offloaded a nutritous package to me this afternoon:

DSCN1060.JPG

Whatever are we looking at here? I have never seen such things before.

To explain, Oleg works in a bar in Portsmouth, UK. It seems there was some overordering mess-up.

All staff members were sent home with huge bags of these stoopid things.

I thus now possess a one litre carton containing some sort of unnatural liquidised 20 egg supply.

I am not low on proper roundish eggs, as it goes, but whatever. Apparently the carton must be consumed in 3 days after opening. That is six eggs a day, I'll be bound!

Looks like eggs for breakfast, and always work best fried or scrambled in butter and milk, IMO. :D

Try egg bhurji, many recipes on line.
French Toast, egg nog.....
And see Indian egg recipes, also Spanish Omlette, and Cheese Omlette.
There is even a recipe in which eggs are beated and poured over nearly cooked mince curry.
Also Fuyong, Chinese style of cooking.
And Egg Fried Rice, perhaps the Chinese have not heard of it...

6 gallon glass carboys…..in a couple/three weeks will rack it into the 5 gallon (glass also) to make up for sediment loss and still keep the air gap small.
Wife is now a bit tipsy from quality control, coming along as a fine batch so far…….if it makes it to the racking point without turning we’re good. I’ve never lost a batch but ya know how that goes, especially not using sulfites.

Attachments

• 23E2505F-4542-4055-A9CE-8295E2E01559.jpeg
    23E2505F-4542-4055-A9CE-8295E2E01559.jpeg
    402 KB · Views: 32
  • 6B6A6B9D-CF10-42FB-A791-0E3D8AE9B1AC.jpeg
    6B6A6B9D-CF10-42FB-A791-0E3D8AE9B1AC.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 36
I'm no great cook, but am a recent convert to the sous-vide method mentioned a few pages back. Chicken, steaks and fish used to be very hit and miss, but since the s-v gismo arrived I have'nt had a failure. Everything, no exceptions, has been moist and delicious. I'd go so far as to suggest it's idiot proof. And I can devote half a day to batch cooking, freeze the results and then defrost and flash-fry what I fancy in next to no time.

I have in the past added green coriander leaves, red chilli powder, green chilies, ginger, salt, garlic and bay leaf to yogurt, and blended it to marinade chicken.
Yogurt should be slightly sour, not very sour, made from high to medium fat milk.

Leave at room temperature, not in excess of 35 C
Cook in pressure cooker after two hours, 5 - 10 minutes under pressure depending on bird size.
The marinade is to be used for cooking, add a little water if you need to.
Comes out quite nice.

Cardamom, fennel, onions, and other things like cloves, may be added as per preference.