but I decided to try a different approach
tomato is lying there on its own, like you see it
nothing to hold it
chop, and the top came off
and surpricingly, the tomato didnt move :cool:

guess Im gonna eat some tomato now :D
bread, butter, tomato and salt, very nice on a hot day
if you want more, top up with chili sauce and fresh green salad

Forget the butter, use olive oil, add oregano, thank me later :)

guess Im gonna eat some tomato now :D
bread, butter, tomato and salt, very nice on a hot day
if you want more, top up with chili sauce and fresh green salad
I guess that if you have used pure silver to made the blade, it would have an smoother and more detailed top end flavour. How can you describe the microdetails of your knife?

Too hot to braise ribs a la Alton Brown?

Attachments

• Thermo.JPG
    Thermo.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 110
But can you taste the difference int he food in a double blind test?

As you probably know the culture in Japan around tools in any trade is rather different than anything we are used to. My daughter is finishing up at the CIA in October, by coincidence. She has a set of traditional Japanese knives in addition to the normal ones. I have had enough great food prepared with 40yr. old Sabatiers to know the tool is only one aspect.

You have a girl this night having dinner at home. You want to fancy her, but suddenly you realize that you're going anywhere if you don't spend money on dinner. But you want to be original, cool, different. To surprise her. What can you do?

Get some food colorant, dirty cheap. A 3-pack of blue, red and yellow for just 1€. Get some instant shrimp knoodles, 50 cents each one. Get some ready chopped mushrooms as a starter, as they had a discount on price tag. Spend 10 minutes preparing a cake kit in which you only have to mix some bags with milk. Hell, you don't even need to oven it. Get a bottle of wine that look as funny on the outside as cheap as it is (that means, if you don't get an expensive wine, get at least one with an attractive appearance).

You have made yourself a dinner that can compete on the most prestigious culinary contests for less than 6€.
Or we can say, how to pretend you are cool when you are not.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 96
Hey, regiregi: you're doing the 'cool' stuff the wrong way. Of course it all depends on the girl, you seem to like pretty young ones: that looks like it was made to impress a 15 year old girl. The piñata is missing though. Good luck. :D
ha ha, you're right, not so young but 23 years old. Remember I am still just 24. So it depends mainly on the girl, there are teenagers who like to feel like an adult messing with serious stuff, while there are adults that like to feel like a kid from time to time. I think she falls somewhere in-between those ones.

You want to amuse a girl from the opposite polarity? OKay, I still think it is possible to do that with a low budget. Just be imaginative. Just do something not already done before (at least to her eyes!). Simplicity, elegance, might be the key. And still on a 5€ budget ;-)