The food thread

popilin, I wish I was there. :)

Why not?
Already some of you on the waiting list.
At least promise to visit me.:cool:
I count on you!:)

I can only guess but is that Mutton on the left and some version of Bison on the right?

That style of cooking gives my goose bumps, not kidding.

That eye, man!
Mutton on the left, and Cow on the right.

That style of cooking requires some expertise, and reserves to places where the wood is bad, if the wood permits is better the way in the photo on the right.;)

I don't do the espresso as such but more like a Turkish style. I put the coffee in a measuring cup, add hot water, let sit one minute and stir. Let sit 3 more minutes and pour through a small sieve.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-06-24 at 2.39.25 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-06-24 at 2.39.25 PM.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 88
Scott: We did indeed; I hope the kid is half as good as his father. We've been stocking up on Brun as well. The local wine store guy was shocked that we knew about his "secret" summer wine, but not unhappy that we bought all he had.

See if you can time things to overlap with Jan, but whatever, we've got an open cellar policy.

Derain is an enamel-stripper. Not that this is a bad thing. Callahan (whom I've found to be very reliable) convinced me to buy a bunch of the '94 and '95 white- it didn't age well, to my taste, but it was marvelous young.

Anyway, come visit whenever you can come visit. We ended up in a pretty nice location, backed onto a woods and with a view of the local lake.