The food thread

Daniel, you know that you, Nez and a bunch of others are welcome here, especially when it's gettin' close to dinner time. It's not as easy for the likes of some of you to travel but I am hoping you would enjoy the experience if it happens.

If I ever get to the other edge of this beautiful country, it will be my honour to dine chez Weldon. Likewise, if you ever find yourself on the East coast I think I can scare up some victuals to share.

It's that time of year again for a DBT of pink, yellow, and blue peeps to see if they can be identified by taste alone. :)

It's sad how Boston's North End has changed, 40 years ago you could go down Easter weekend and find rabbits (feet and tails still furry) and local abbacchio hanging from every butcher shop. You could always get caul fat, tongues, livers, kidneys, natural casings, hearts, etc. fresh that day.

I will send you PM with LG range model # tomorrow.

Actually it's the motor itself I need to see.

That fix is not my idea. The concern with the freezing drain lines is quite widespread with the freezer on the bottom type.

After some more procrastination, yesterday I was about to put a roast in the oven and decided to take a quick peek at that fan to see it there was any obvious and easily-corrected problem (like the fan blade fell off the motor shaft, or something like that). I took the cover off the fan from the front (inside the oven), checked for debris, spun the fan in both directions, wiggled the motor shaft to check for play, etc. Everything seemed fine so I buttoned it back up, turned the oven on, heard a faint hum and looked, the fan was spinning (or at least I opened the oven door and saw the fan stop turning).

Maybe there was nothing wrong. It had been getting noisy, which I blamed on the bearings, but maybe there was a bit of debris in there banging around when the fan turned. So when it got quiet I thought it had stopped turning, maybe it just went back to spec after the debris was dislodged. *shrug*

#3 son is a foodie and meat-a-terian. We were speaking of the wonderful hamburgers we've experienced and he said that the "drop-pop-squash" method was in vogue on the West Coast.

I put the steel pizza pan on the grill, (first time this year, it's been a long winter) and allow it to heat til its good and toasty, drop the burgers and allow them to briefly sear, flip, then squash. Sauteed some onions to adorn. They were really good and cooked in only a few minutes:

Attachments

• photo.jpeg
    photo.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 98
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Mark do you remember Elsie's Landsman special, 100% daily sodium and saturated fat for sure.
Yes but to tell the embarrassing truth, I much preferred the deli in "The Garage" (36 JFK St, Cambridge). They had all kinds of fresh baked breads to choose from, and schmeered giant heaps of garlicky Boursin on every sandwich. It was divine with their bias sliced pumpernickel.

And Autre Chose down the road, where I had French food the first time. Aaah.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Jack, I was merely wondering whether the "drop-pop-squash" method of cooking on your very own grill, occurred before you ever heard of the Smashburger restaurants, with locations all around NJ and environs. That's their unique selling proposition.

We were speaking of the wonderful hamburgers we've experienced and he said that the "drop-pop-squash" method was in vogue on the West Coast.

Jack, there's a restaurant chain called Smashburger which has many locations near you. Have you never heard the name until this weekend?

@mark -- we cook almost entirely without salt.