The food thread

DPH,

I did a digressive temp profile with the hottest first for a half hour, then drop the temp to the next step for a half hour, and finally the lowest temp for two hours. I added cold water to drop the temp after setting the lower step so it didn't have to convection cool.

Surprisingly Victoria ate her steak with a pink hot center and enjoyed it. Normally she wants it done grey (which to me is dry and tough).

You want to see what happened when I got my other half a new oven with a centigrade dial on it. The recipe was in degrees F.

Attachments

• DSCF4898.JPG
    DSCF4898.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 90
There was a supermarket chain here ( Lucky's ) that was the only place I ever found the lamb tongues .
They also had chicken hearts ( sans gizzards and livers ) that are rare .
( I did see some a few days ago in an Asian market .)

The Asian markets have a lot, these days folks have mostly moved on and my wife is not into innards so I'm relegated to a pot of shanks once and a while. The big loss is the decimation of Boston's North End Italian food culture.

Mine too, hers rose out over the top of a standard bread pan like a giant muffin I never could figure that out.

*ahem* It has been said that some bakers, especially female, contribute their own unique yeast strain which makes their baked goods different. We all carry a vast amount of micro organisms on and in our bodies. Still it's a bit weird to think Grandma's wonderful baking might have had less to do with her feel for dough than with her yeast infection. :)