The food thread

Alsace meats the West : Canard fumé, chou-croute, et des canneberges secs.
(c'mon, silly prck, you mean smoked duck, sauerkraut and dried cranberries)
Alsace : the most peculiar part of France.

Doesn't really count, complete salad kit from the super.
But a low calorie lunch beforing heading to the gym yesterday, hey. (me has 'tiny' over-overweight issue since i quit smoking 6 weeks ago)

Attachments

• Phocked-Encore2.jpg
    Phocked-Encore2.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 397
Unfortunately, i had the last of the gravlax on friday with green stuff and a scotch vinaigrette (thing with salmon, it's a surprise every time how short 9 pounds of salmon sides last)

So i had to eat out on saturday.
Problem with restaurants is identical to most things audio : judging you can do better yourself, but you're not about to tell the waiter.

Attachments

• salmonned2.jpg
    salmonned2.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 375
but you're not about to tell the waiter.

I have no problem with that but I know it's not the waiter's fault so I like to peek in the kitchen and make sure the dude's not holding a knife before I suggest they are not too old to consider a different career. A-hole? Probably but I get reminded when I do a lousy job so I'm really just doing my part, right? :)

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
make sure the dude's not holding a knife

Not a guarantee, many at hand. I have seen chefs go crazy and it's a very, very scary sight. Most flying objects going in different directions are made out of steel, remember that. If he looks pale as the dead with a sweaty face and mad look, get outta there QUICK and don't say a word.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Stracci con .... again

last time it was a wash because I "forgot" the pasta, and overcooked it :headbash:

at it again
this time...al'dende, and much much better :)

a trick ...I put salt between each plate
no cooking, or just barely, 5 minutes or so
just soft enough to cut them
then very careful cooking....... al'dende

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 190
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 169
  • 3.JPG