The food thread

Same problem for me. :)

15 years ago i was traveling in Thailand, mainly in Issaan, guided by people living there, i could see so many fruits and veggies we never see here and don't know they exist.
Interesting is that the people there sometimes have the same issues, but if its known, they have always very good recipes therefore.
So i learned the taste of many green and other things and try to reproduce when i can get the ingredients.

Sopropo (in Surinam)

In Thailand it's called Mara, Liang Gua in China.

liang gua translates as cold melon, bitter is ku. You see the problem, I take the office guys and they order and pay perfect deal. :)

Attachments

• food.jpg
    food.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 73
I found a deal on boneless leg of lamb, organic, grass fed, etc.

I diced up fine a few cloves of garlic, fresh rosemary leaves, some chives, and combined with salt, black pepper, olive oil, and juice of a lemon. I pressed it into the lamb, I'm going to put it in a 450F oven, then turn down to 325F, I recon it will take an hour to reach 130F internal (medium I hope). Roasting some new potatoes and onion with it, and will serve with spinach, feta and walnut salad with raspberry/balsamic vinegrete. I hope it will be good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    770.6 KB · Views: 70
I like to take a boneless lamb leg and open it up flat, make a slice or two as needed to get a roughly even thickness, marinate a bit with the same combo you used minus the chives, grill it fast and hot like a great big steak then let it rest to let the heat penetrate through. Seared on the outside, pink through the center. Yum.

Bill

I found a deal on boneless leg of lamb, organic, grass fed, etc.

I diced up fine a few cloves of garlic, fresh rosemary leaves, some chives, and combined with salt, black pepper, olive oil, and juice of a lemon. I pressed it into the lamb, I'm going to put it in a 450F oven, then turn down to 325F, I recon it will take an hour to reach 130F internal (medium I hope). Roasting some new potatoes and onion with it, and will serve with spinach, feta and walnut salad with raspberry/balsamic vinegrete. I hope it will be good.

I like to take a boneless lamb leg and open it up flat, make a slice or two as needed to get a roughly even thickness, marinate a bit with the same combo you used minus the chives, grill it fast and hot like a great big steak then let it rest to let the heat penetrate through. Seared on the outside, pink through the center. Yum.

Bill

That sounds good, I bet one could broil it that way too. My roast came out good. Moving on to pita bread yiro sandwiches

Prime Rib Soup:

I just made this up , and it worked well, simmer bones with an onion, carot, celery, bell pepper, a few cloves of garlic in water for about 4 hours. After some time, sauté another bell pepper, onion, and cubed prime rib meat, olive oil, ground cumin, chili powder, black pepper, garlic powder. Add white beans and beef stock, simmer a couple hours until beans are tender. We were surprised how sweet it was, the sweetness of carmelized onion, along with the bell pepper and carot was very dominant in the flavor. Salt to taste at end.

This time round the pud is a combo of things somewhat similar to a commercial bbq sauce and cooked with corn starch to make it thick enough to 'pud' on the breast.
It's salty, tangy, sweet and lightly spicy as the two dry peppers are supposed to do the a$$ kicking I look for.

Oh I get it. When I was learning to cook (teen years and before), I learned to use corn starch before I learned to use flour.

I like those little dried peppers too