The food thread

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Anger, really? Just because I make a better pizza than you guys?

Oh geez, someone has a death wish!!!

I'm out of school for the summer and Ma sez I can play on diyaudio again!

I've tasted a delightful pizza with wonderful wine, wonderful music and wonderful company, but no longer resides in the ATX. Major bummer!

But, I did take notes and so, at least, there is decent pizza in the house. Have to find a photo of one of my prettier results and post it on here.

Id get in on a pizza cook off but it cant be this week. I like the sound of a garlic and herb and onion dough for starters. Grilling them is another good way at it gimp, that does special things to the crust and toppings. have done that while at cottage since the stove is ancient and wont heat close to what pizza likes. I have to get the high res pictures uploaded, i think problem with the card itself.

Last edited:
Anyone wish to share fast food establishment recipes? I like to go to Subway and get steak and cheese on flatbread, with lettuce, spinach, onions, tomatoes, pickles, mustard and siracha sauce and diet coke.

Just use the microwave to cook your steak and cheese because that's how subway does it. Also don't forget to barely put any food in the sub roll.

I hate Subway, never once had good food from them.

Chicago has its own charms, but we can't afford them. In two years here, we've seen exactly two shows in Chi-town.

We do get up to Wisconsin pretty regularly, and have had a chance to hear some terrific Americana, folk, and bluegrass in a wonderful little club in an out-of-the-way town. Kris Delmhorst, Peter Mulvey, Jeffrey Foucault... But Austin is indeed sui generis.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
One weekend, I dropped by for a quick visit at SY's compound. The missus insisted I joined them for lunch. She had whipped up some chile rellenos on the fly and had plenty. You don't turn her down.

Seriously, my mouth still waters over the dish she prepared. I almost asked for SY's portion. I should have! ;)