The food thread

Happiness is two kinds of canadian bacon, you got your pemeal bacon and the old stand by nice fatty smokey bacon strips with a splash of maple syrup.

To be continued

Attachments

• baconstrips.jpg
    baconstrips.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 105
This was a joint effort went a little pizza crazy tonight. 2 thick and 2 thin crusts. 1 hawaiian bacon pineapple and mozzarella cheese, simple but awesome. Then pepperoni onions mushrooms sweet tomato bell peppers garlic white and yellow cheddar on the others, filling.

Attachments

• doubletrouble.jpg
    doubletrouble.jpg
    785.3 KB · Views: 90
  • hawaiian.jpg
    hawaiian.jpg
    873.8 KB · Views: 91
  • thin (1).jpg
    thin (1).jpg
    688.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Anyone have a good recipe for pesto?

I'm thinking basil, garlic, olive oil, ???

Chives?

I don't usually eat bread, but I'm craving a baguette.

I picked up a Columbia Valley 2012 Chateau Ste Michelle Chardonnay to go with dinner.

Instead of pignoli you can substitute un-salted pisatchios. if you buy pignoli, avoid those from China as many can be rancid when they get here.

The Costco pesto was rated very good -- i think that they use a high quality olive oil and reggio parmigiana etc.

They all look great. Where did you use the Brunswick kippers from Dollarama. I can't stand that place. I have one just two blocks from my place. I go there to buy a couple things. A couple things my ***, I end up with bags full every time. I hate that store.

I know what you mean. I might of over did it at the buck store the last time I went. Kippers were just for eating, building pizza is hard work. I was going to do a seafood za but all we had on hand was shrimp. Some crab meat or lobster would of went well on it..or kippers possibly :confused: Its fine we had plenty, I even got to take 4 big slabs to work and feed my brother and dad.

Anatomy of pizza 4. A nice thin one for those who like it like that.
Tortilla, Avacado and spinach cream sauce
Blanched asparagus, pickled hot cherry pepper, black olives
Smoked sausage, Mozzarella
Pizza pepperoni, white onions
Bake, sit for 10 and eat :lickface:

Attachments

• IMG_2462.jpg
    IMG_2462.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2463.jpg
    IMG_2463.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2464.jpg
    IMG_2464.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2465.jpg
    IMG_2465.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 41
Anatomy of pizza 4. A nice thin one for those who like it like that.
Tortilla, Avacado and spinach cream sauce
Blanched asparagus, pickled hot cherry pepper, black olives
Smoked sausage, Mozzarella
Pizza pepperoni, white onions
Bake, sit for 10 and eat :lickface:

way to rock the exotic pizza, those all sound and look great especially the 1st and 2nd.

It looks like you used the tortilla wraps as well. they do work well for thin crust those are what I used for the thins this time.

Last edited:
It looks like you used the tortilla wraps as well. they do work well for thin crust

Ya, we used to either buy or make our own crusts but now it's pretty much the tortillas. I'm not into wasting my time eating crust so I save my flour time for making pasta. SY encouraged me to replace my extruder with a roller type unit. Way mo betta!