The food thread

It's made from fruit. Must be.

Colonoscopy came back with no polyps this time, last time they removed a couple that were "pre-cancerous" whaever that means.

Come back in 5 years for more fun.:D

Oatmeal for breakfast after the procedure.

I spent the afternoon mowing lawn, Trimming the Wheaping Willow, and working in the garden.

Two Tacos from Taco-bell for lunch (first time in a year).

Tomato plants have flowers. Squash is looking good.

I'll have grilled salmon, kale and onions, and steamed broccoli for dinner.

The broccoli, onions and kale from my garden.

I think I'll have a beer after dinner, or better yet go to the licquor store and get a bottle of wine to have with dinner. Maybe a chardonnay.

"wine counts as fruit, right?"

I like how you think!

haven't had a day go bad enough in recent memory that a nice Cab-Sav or Pinot Noir couldn't mitigate - throw in appetizers like minted rack of lamb or plate of fungi Baos, and dinner is suddenly far less urgent

Cal - next time you're in town, try to visit

The Village for dinner- (shameless plug for my son's restaurant)

throw in appetizers like minted rack of lamb
Funny that mint and I don't get along, I favour poultry style seasoning on lamb.
or plate of fungi Baos
Pray tell, google didn't seem interested in helping me.
Cal - next time you're in town, try to visit
The Village for dinner- (shameless plug for my son's restaurant)
You will be accompanying me. Nothing like having your Dad show up at your place of work after a bottle or two of wine. Or do you save the misbehaving for the VanIsleFest?

the Breakfast / brunch Drop 3 is a treat for carnivores (closeted or otherwise) - I could just make it through, but then I'm barely half the man that Cal is ;)

the Bao is best described as an Asian style soft bun appetizer, in this case with Portobello mushrooms & other good stuff - just two ain't quite enough, but 6 might be too many (well, see above)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and yes, Cal, the best misbehaving (or so I'm told) is reserved for that weekend in August

Last edited: