The Quest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2003
Re: Conversly

Fred Dieckmann said:
[BThere is so much straightforward physics behind most of this stuff that it is not funny. [/B]

why does that sound so familiar?

Or, that snake oil salesman said it too, :)

You can substantially improve your credibility by providing specifics and telling us where that "straightforward physics" and "most of this stuff" are.

Otherwise, you have told us exactly nill.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
:drink:

I believe that all different components cause different sounds.
I believe that the amplitudes of differences are normally narrow.
If I try 10 different brand components and ask my wife,
her more than 9 answers are "it sounds the same."
Sometimes she makes up my happiness, answering "it seems the sound..."
I believe that my habitual change of components is mainly to confirm that I am a DIYer.

:drunk:

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
Re: Re: Conversly

millwood said:

why does that sound so familiar?

Or, that snake oil salesman said it too, :)

You can substantially improve your credibility by providing specifics and telling us where that "straightforward physics" and "most of this stuff" are.

Otherwise, you have told us exactly nill.

Yes you are absolutely right and you continue your quest to save us all. Maybe you can write letters to evil audio magazines (who make money) as well. I have a couple of thousand post of nil at this point, as well as several hundred links to even more nil and keep posting anyway out of shear spite. Why would I want or need credibility? I am not trying to sell you anything or convince you about anything. I have had enough of developing it while fixing screw ups by engineers who had some skills, but the same lack of ambition and over developed egos. The last one told people I was hard to work with after I dug his butt out of about a 50 million dollar hole he dug for the company. I did seem to develop some credibility after that but got laid off with hundreds of other telecom engineers though. I wonder if there should be entry for credibility on my resume? I want you to have the most mediocre audio system possible and get so bored here so you can go straighten out some group where your talents are appreciated. Tell us what it is when you find it, so we can enjoy the wisdom of your post. I know why I read and post on the DIYaudio forum. What I can't understand is why you are here........ Maybe you can start the "It Doesn't Matter Audio" forum, devoted to the leisurely pursuit of cheap and mediocre audio for the indifferent and uninformed consumer. I can even find you a couple of dozen members to start it with. I wish the greatest success in a promising new venture for which you will have the utmost credibility. Jocko and I used to say something that would a great opening caption for your new forum:

How many watts? How many lights? How many knobs? How many dollars?

Good luck and best wishes,

Fred

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
Re: Re: Re: Conversly

Fred Dieckmann said:

Yes you are absolutely right and you continue your quest to save us all.

Why would I try to save you? Darwinism will take care of that.

Fred Dieckmann said:

Why would I want or need credibility?

That's what I thought you would say.

Fred Dieckmann said:

What I can't understand is why you are here........

if you actually read a little bit more, you will find the answer - something I had suggested to you in more than one occasion.

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
Re: Now we'll have Divergence AND Curl!

Fred Dieckmann said:
Mr. Curl will you weigh in on the inverting amp debate so some unwitting expert with a chip amp on his shoulder can tell you that you are wrong and we can enjoy the consequences?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=212299#post212299

I thought we had long graduated from the elementry school where everything has to be right and wrong.

Guess some of us are more fond of that singular and single-minded world.

Welcome to John Curl!!!!

This means that I am no longer the resident bitter old cynic who can complain about being screwed by other high-end companies. I am but a mere rank amateur compared to Signoro Curl.

I guess we should all thank SE for this. I know that I will.

Jocko

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
All I Really Need to Know about audio I Learned in Kindergarten

"where everything has to be right and wrong."

The one where everything has to be audible to everyone, or not at all. The one where if you don't know how to measure it, then it doesn't exist. The one where anyone who post to the Internet has equal credibility, or spelling abilities (its elementary), regardless of education, experience, You know.... the subjective world.

"I thought we had long graduated from the elementry school"

Exactly how long ago was that?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.