No Highs... No Lows... Must be BOSE... and some people have no idea...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just found this on Ebay....
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3035844001&category=1499
"LEGENDARY BOSE TWIN CUBE SPEAKERS"
what I cannot believe is the price people have bid upto!!!!
they are currently on $455 Australian!!! and all it is the cubes... no sub, no amp.... WHAT THE!?!?!? and theres still nearly a day to go!!! WHAT THE!!?!?!? crumbs... whehn this auction ends I will be sure to send the winning bidder a rather abusive email explaning to him what a fool he is..... you could buy new, better speakers for that much!!! the speakers I am making at the moment with 8inch Peerless woofers and 1inch Peerless dome tweeters are costing me less than those BOSE cubes are!! WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?!? hmm... enough of that.. I'll have to keep an eye on that auction.. :D

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
Don't get too carried away with yourself, SkinnyBoy. As you get older, you will find that things are not always what they seem.

For all you know, the winning bidder might be an interior decorator or some A/V guy who has a customer who is dying to get a set of those Bose speakers because they had them once and got rid of them, etc.

He might tack on a couple of thousand onto his bill for his efforts in locating these "valuable commodities". :D

Sometimes people want what they want, and they are willing to pay for it. Technical specs have nothing to do with it.

kelticwizard said:
Don't get too carried away with yourself, SkinnyBoy. As you get older, you will find that things are not always what they seem.

For all you know, the winning bidder might be an interior decorator or some A/V guy who has a customer who is dying to get a set of those Bose speakers because they had them once and got rid of them, etc.

He might tack on a couple of thousand onto his bill for his efforts in locating these "valuable commodities". :D

Sometimes people want what they want, and they are willing to pay for it. Technical specs have nothing to do with it.

WOW.... they went for $460..... I just HAVE to email the guy and ask why he is willing to pay that much..... common... there are brand new bookshelf speakers on ebay for about $170 why would you pay $460 for secondhand, ugly, and overrated speakers?? oh well.. lol

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
SkinnyBoy said:

WOW.... they went for $460..... I just HAVE to email the guy and ask why he is willing to pay that much..... common... there are brand new bookshelf speakers on ebay for about $170 why would you pay $460 for secondhand, ugly, and overrated speakers?? oh well.. lol

You know, SkinnyBoy, it might be a learning experience to do just that. Remember, though, you increase your chances of getting a truthful answer if you simply ask the fellow why he spent AUS$460, (US$305) for a set of older speakers, since new ones are available at much less.

My guess is that the fellow thinks they will become "collector's items", in which case I think he will be disappointed. Or he might have remembered a setup he had with them years ago which he thought sounded great and he just wanted to re-create it.

US$305 is not that much for an impulse or sentimental purchase.

Be polite, and you increase your chances of others acting politely and truthfully. No guarantees, of course.

Actually, now you have me a little bit curious. :scratch:

That coke can really proves how stupid some people really are.

I dont know why, but I desire this can so much.

another Stup-bid bid
yummy :dodgy:

hey imagine the compagnie, the can factory and the employes, so many people are in need. Just a simple comment about life, there is not truth, everyboy lays in a layer of mud, the best thing to do it to find a comfortable one and to enjoy coke cans :) . HAVE FUN GUYS, summer is just too boring when you have nothing to do but reading hundreds of threads every day. smells like depression... damn not again:bawling:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.