Anybody with known NDE incidents in this forum?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2007
I wonder how many minutes of an average day does a cat spend thinking about existentialism. Or a dog, or a tree for that matter. How often do they pause and ask themselves: 'why do I exist?' and 'how come there isn't just nothing?'. Heavy stuff, no doubt.
Us humans have a leg up on our less mentally developed cousins, in that we have some limited intellect and the ability to reason, after a fashion. We (by and large) make excellent use of this extremely finite capability to divine that we are special and our 'consciousness' (some would say soul) is meant for more than this miserable existence we have collectively created. Our arrogant belief that we will continue to exist on a different plane after this life has ended is probably the single biggest difference between us and the rest of the organic matter that infests this planet.
:)

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
OK, that sounds good but I smell certain criticism as if we were free to choose. We don't enjoy thinking about death. To die in a humble fashion, to die like an animal is out of reach for most of us. Hey, we don't want this unhappy condition. Some people can cope with it, others go into fantasy land. It's a sad spectacle, I admit. Sometimes I wish I were dumber, it will all be easier.

Another thing: you forgot about human sensitivity. We are, by large, err... better stop here. Don't want to get too serious.

"................. Our arrogant belief that we will continue to exist on a different plane after this life has ended is probably the single biggest difference between us and the rest of the organic matter that infests this planet........."

Hold on here ! We ARE arrogant thinking that WE will be the only ones who could possibly live in another plane after physical death . Maybe the others " who infest " the Earth will also have some form of existence in another plane after physical destruction ! Why not ? We do not know now !

Remember the old saying that " Everything on Earth " including stones have 'life'. But that isn't life as we understand ' life '. It's a form of existence where the physical boundaries are connected with an energy presence . In our case we sometimes call it a 'soul' or 'individuality' etc. We don't as yet have a name for such a thing for plants , trees and literally everything with a physical form on Earth .
We ARE an arrogant bunch of humans !:)

I wonder how many minutes of an average day does a cat spend thinking about existentialism.
:)
If my knowledge is not wrong, then I know that the elephants and some primates are aware of the stickiness of death.
I was watching my cat, I believe that, when he does not sleep or eat, he is wondering of the problem of eternity.
I agree with the other things.
To avoid any possible misunderstandings are clarified, it was just a joke. But not so much. Feel the same way the animals are cold hungry thirsty pleasure pain etc.. than we do. I think we are so often wrongly put ourselves above the animals so much. Simply because we believe the universe to fit into our brains?
Unfortunately, this claim can not be generalized to all mankind.

I personally do not believe the NDE phenomenon.
Neither the afterlife.
We have one life, sometimes it is quite miserable.
And there are people who are even more miserable.

Wacky Gyuri

P.S.:
For me, perhaps the most important question:
Maybe we're more than animals, but whether we are better than they?

Last edited:
It is possible that our vastly superior methods of communication is the only reason we are smarter than other animals. If that is the case then they can think in the abstract just as well as we can but they just can't communicate it to us or each other. Imagine if we had no alphabet or language. Or if we were incapable of speech or we had bad or no thumbs. To another species it would seem as though we had no intellect at all. But we would.

Fear of shark attack is not unfounded if you go in the ocean. There is no doubt whatsoever that there are shark conspiracies out there to make everybody think there are not very many shark attacks. There are two types of shark conspirators or "shark hippies" as I like to call them.

1) The ones who are involved in tourism in any way or live in a small town that depends on tourism. They will never admit that anybody has ever been bitten by a shark. If you hear about it happening it was not from them. Even when somebody is last seen at the beach and then one of their a feet or a hand wash ashore the medical examiner will list it as a drowning. More than half of all the official shark attacks in the world happen in the US and in fact more than half are in Florida. New Smyrna (sp?) Beach in Florida has had more reported shark attacks than any other place on earth. Guess what their tourism slogan is? "Worlds Safest Beach". There are signs everywhere that say that.

2) The Shark Conservationists. I have no problem with them wanting to conserve sharks as long as they tell us the truth about them but almost none of them do.

Officially one or two people a year die from shark attacks. In reality probably more like thousands or more. Probably a whole lot more. Some of them are even listed as shark attacks but they don't count as official ones because there are no pictures and proof and a qualified person on hand to verify it. That is nearly all shark attacks. And here is the big kicker. If you are working in any way and are killed by a shark that does not count. Also if you were on any kind of boat or plane and you get killed by a shark it does not count. That is almost all of the rest of the shark attacks.

They list those under "provoked" attacks and the list is not available to the public. That one or two people a year who are officially killed by sharks are the ones considered "unprovoked" attacks where there is physical evidence left behind AND credible witnesses AND an expert on hand to confirm it AND pictures.

The USS Indianapolis officially did not have one single crewman killed by sharks for two reasons. They were all on a boat and they were also working. Or at least not one of them counted in the world total shark attacks because they all went on the secret list of "provoked" attacks that we can't ever see.

So my advice is if you want to swim in the sea go for it but do not do it in the belief than almost nobody ever gets attacked by sharks because that is complete horse dung.

Maybe the others " who infest " the Earth will also have some form of existence in another plane after physical destruction ! Why not ? We do not know now !

I know! We, as all the other living beings of any form on this planet, will share the same "plane" of existence after live has ceased. This "plane" is a couple of feets below the earth surface and there we`ll transform into and exist as organic dung for the next generations of beings who are going to "infest" this planet. The only thing keeping us busy then are earthworms, eventually.

Mother Earth is waiting for You!
YouTube - Eric Burdon and the War - Blues for Memphis Slim (Part 1)

There are some sharks out there that will attack boats and everything. Everything in the movie "Jaws" (the first one only) has happened and does happen all the time except for two things. Obviously sticking the tank in the sharks mouth and later shooting it. Not impossible but highly unlikely to work out in your favor. Also when the shark pulls the boat backwards. A shark can't do that. But some of them can and do eat and sink boats and the people on them. And some of them are as big as the one in the movie too. Actually bigger. Not longer but fatter.

VicBigWhiteEnlargeVH.jpg

VicRecordEnlarge.jpg

Both of these guys were 25 feet long (the same length as the one in the movie) but I would say a little fatter. Both of these were killed by a real shark expert named Vic Morrows. He has a lot more of them too. The second picture is the official largest white shark ever killed but Vic himself will be the first to admit there are many bigger ones out there.

Actually I don't think Morrows is his last name but I can't remember what his last name actually is. He is fairly famous though. I could look it up real fast but I am too lazy.

For the record I am not afraid of sharks one bit at this time but every time I have been in on or above the ocean the thought crossed my mind. If you end up in the water in the middle of the ocean the only question is whether or not you will drown before the sharks eat you or not. Sharks follow ships and eat whatever gets thrown overboard so it is not likely to take long for them to find you. They don't follow aircraft but an aircraft crashing into the ocean makes a heck of a lot of noise that travels a heck of a long distance underwater. Odds are Oceanic white-tip sharks and/or others won't be too far behind you. Unless the water is cold. In cold water you generally will only possibly run into Greenland sharks and/or White Sharks. Greenland sharks are only in REAL cold water but white sharks (if you are Australian white pointers same shark different name) can regulate their body temperature and can be in warm or cold water although probably only real far out at sea while traveling. But I know traveling makes me hungry.

In rivers and natural lakes the only sharks likely to kill you are bull sharks (if you are in Africa Zambezi sharks same shark different name) which have no problem at all with fresh water. They are not very large (as sharks go) but are pound for pound probably the most aggressive sharks in the world.

About 30 species of shark are known to have eaten people but really there are three species that you never want to run into no matter what because 2 are VERY deadly if you can see them at all. Whites and Tigers. And anytime you are in the water anywhere that isn't real cold Bull sharks. Tigers avoid cold water too as do most sharks. About 5 or 6 other species can be very dangerous at times including Makos (which along with white sharks and Galapagos sharks are mackerel sharks) which by the way are the fastest known species of shark (makos that is not all mackerel sharks) and can swim 50 miles per hour or the short fin makos can anyway (long fin makos a little slower), Lemon sharks, reef sharks, black tip sharks, white tip sharks, hammerhead sharks and blue sharks can be very deadly in certain situations (like when you are actually in the water). Other sharks can be deadly too like Sand Tigers and even Nurse sharks.

Bottom line is if you see a white shark you are almost certainly in trouble unless they pick somebody else to eat first. They are not constantly hungry but you won't see them when they aren't. A shark like that won't really care if you poke them in the eye (if you can get lucky enough to find their eyes) or hit them in the nose either. It might very well annoy them but it won't stop them. As far as I know there is universal agreement that they are the worst kind of shark to swim with or I should say the deadliest. Bulls are probably more likely to bite you. My advice if you are attacked by a white shark is to be real still so it will be over with faster.

I am no shark expert but I have studied them for 35 years or so. Most species have never been known to attack humans.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.