Anybody with known NDE incidents in this forum?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not sure if this topic is acceptable here. But then the subject has recently attracted the interest of many major news networks . Near Death Experience (NDE) is quite old actually ( the recorded incidents) but only recently has lots of material been published on it. Books ,TV reports etc.
Heard of shared NDE ? Where some " participants" are healthy normal people who accompany those who are dying...part of the way to the 'other side'.

My aunt who lives just a couple of blocks away was down with cancer ( for over a year). The day she died she asked for her son who had gone out. She said that her husband ( been dead for a few years now !) asked her ( just then ) if she wouldn't like to see her son before she left ! So as soon as he got back he went up to her and her eyes lit up and she smiled. A few minutes later she died.
Reading some of the books by Dr.Raymond Moody ( and there are many other authors too ) it looks so similar. I've heard 'stories' about such interactions with loved ones who have passed away from my home town. But this is the nearest I have got to one.The idea of being back with loved family and friends ( for a very long time !) is something to 'die for ' !:)

It appears that it doesn't make a difference whether one is agnostic or an atheist or a believer ( in anything !) .
The topic IS interesting . Plenty to read about from both sides , believers and non believers. ;)

Sy, thanks for those links.I'll check them out.

Last edited:
I have almost been killed a few times but never had a NDE so to speak. I did trip quite a bit probably because of blood loss or something. That is what I suspect a lot of peoples NDE's are. They are just tripping. I think the light at the end of the tunnel is the light over the operating table.

...... probably because of blood loss or something. That is what I suspect a lot of peoples NDE's are. They are just tripping. I think the light at the end of the tunnel is the light over the operating table............

Yes this has been suggested before including various chemical reactions in the brain causing these sensations.

However they did take this into consideration and did ( and continue to do !)quite a bit of serious research and the results are there in the public domain. They said these arguments aren't correct.

Many famous people have talked about this 'after life' issue. Like Carl Jung and Dr. Robert Goddard etc.
No doubt a lot of reading is required before coming to conclusions of one's own.
Happy reading..............it must be a very long tunnel ahead !:)

No doubt a lot of reading is required before coming to conclusions of one's own.
Happy reading..............it must be a very long tunnel ahead !
Or you could take a crash course and almost get killed. By almost get killed I don't mean like "that bullet missed me by an inch". What I mean is like "every bullet hit me and they didn't think I would make it but I did". Anything where you nearly die in the hospital or on the way to the hospital.

Or you could take a crash course and almost get killed. By almost get killed I don't mean like "that bullet missed me by an inch". What I mean is like "every bullet hit me and they didn't think I would make it but I did". Anything where you nearly die in the hospital or on the way to the hospital.

Now that would be a tough one...especially to ensure that you DO 'come back' . Otherwise the message would be lost ! Could be VERY painfull too !:eek:

Why not just experiment with OBE ? Out of body experience.
They have now concluded after seeing so many SDE occurrences that any ordinary person can have an out of body experience approaching that of an NDE without having to 'nearly die' !
You need to get into a proper frame of mind and of course read up about it before trying something. Otherwise probably nothing would happen.

Some claim that by using induced Brainwaves you can get into a state where it becomes easier to get into an OBE. There are several recorded programs available on the Net but I have no idea if they are real or just 'snake-oil'.

However I came across this subject on Brainwaves when I bought the audio editing software Cool Edit 96 long ago. It had a function called "Brainwaves" where you could generate these 'brainwave signals' using some background sound typically pink noise or preferably natural random noise like water flowing, sounds at the sea shore, rain etc.
The help manual had a write up about these signals and their effects on the brain. Today there is quite a lot available on the Net on what these low frequencies ( down to single digit Hertz) can do to you.

The signal is received by you by subtracting the signal ( generated by the software) between the two channels. You need headphones to achieve this.

You can download Cool Edit 96 for free on the Net. It is apparently no longer 'owned' by anyone. Adobe bought rights to Cool Edit but Cool Edit 96 apparently is not covered by this purchase. That's what they say on the download site. Note that Adobe stripped out the Brainwave feature from the program they sold and that's called Audition.

Cool Edit 96 is something that I'd like lots of guys to experiment with and come back with 'sensible' results. I see some people doing experiments on their own but using such flowery language to decribe the results that I wonder what the actual results were.

There is no doubt that the Brainwave programming works , but it needs extended serious experimentation to see what all it can do. I tried it very briefly ( because I was impatient !) but it did do 'something'. I didn't have the time to work on it for a longer time.....at that time.
It's like wine. It takes time to get results . You can't speed it up.

By the way there are other people who now provide software to make 'Brainwaves" but it's not free ! So Google for a free download for Cool Edit 96 or ce96 .

Cheers.

Last edited:
Just an add on note.
I lost my paid for copy of Cool Edit96 long ago but recently found a copy on the Net. Originally it was shareware and hence downloadable free. You cannot buy a license for unlocking all it's features as it is no longer sold/supported or available from anyone.But do read about it on the link below.
Read the write up about it carefully on that site before downloading.

HammerHead Rhythm Station - Cool Edit 96

One needs to read quite a bit on those reports to come to any sort of real conclusion. However I might add that I've read reports of children and others who did not see or go up to the distant end ( lighted or not ) and returned on their own or were asked to return by someone without any negative feelings. However as you say there were some who didn't feel comfortable at all in that 'dark space' . It's not easy to 'guess' what the reasons are.

Like some people are claustrophobic and others are not. There isn't any visible or obvious reasons for the difference. Maybe just mental make up that others can't see.

I have a cousin who is mortally scared of escalators ! She says she has NEVER had or seen any accident near/on escalators or read about them. She will always use the stair case or a lift. I've asked her several times about this and she has no explanation. She say's " I don't know why ". :scratch1:

By the way having an OBE does not necessarily mean that you get to the 'tunnel' or the 'light at the end'. It's a 'possibility' but it might just be what it says...out of body experience.....within the Earthly vicinity !;)

I just noticed you mentioned 'suicide'. From what I read, it says that suicide is intentional death and will not result in the same end experience as others who do not put an end to their own lives 'intentionally'. It sounds logical to me but that isn't any proof !

Edit: Maybe the unpleasant NDE is to let them know that this shouldn't be attempted again ?

Last edited:
I call it tripping. As far as all that OBE stuff even if it happened to me I would figure I was just tripping. So I can't honestly say that I would believe it if I saw it. I have seen it. The CIA spent decades trying to do all that and it never worked.

I got shot one time and I was hearing things that I am fairly certain were not really there but I consider that tripping. When you reach a certain level of pain your brain decides you can't take it any more and just starts tripping. It takes you to another place. It is a natural defense mechanism. Victims of torture all describe the same type thing as well as those traumatically injured. Another time I was stabbed two times and another time I had a terrible car wreck. I didn't trip either one of those times but it didn't hurt near as bad.

All that stuff you hear about people "fighting for their life" is BS too. It is not up to you whether you live or die. Your attitude might make a difference but you can't fight for your life as though it is up to you whether or not you live. When you hear about people waiting for some certain event before they die and then dying after it happens I think is just a coincidence. They got lucky. I was right on the edge but I never had a choice. I mean right on the edge too. They were so sure I was going to die I got a bill from the coroner. When they X-ray'd me they wrote me off and called the coroner but as it turned out there was not that much actual internal damage to my organs. If you could see the X-ray you would not think that is possible either. There were bullet fragments everywhere. 37 of them. There is one piece that is 2.5 cm sitting right in the center of my chest between my heart and my diaphram. It gets even weirder too. That bullet that particular fragment came from entered my body on my right hip below my waist and didn't really hurt anything going from there to the center of my chest. It is still there because removing it would kill me for sure. If somebody else told me that I wouldn't believe it. I wouldn't believe it all if it didn't happen to me. Some of my friends said God saved me but I think it was just chance. I don't say luck because lucky would have been not getting shot.

Interesting that you mentioned Cool Edit because while it is a terrible program it evolved into Adobe Audition version 3 and that is excellent. It is the software that I use for recording and mastering.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
That bullet that particular fragment came from entered my body on my right hip below my waist and didn't really hurt anything going from there to the center of my chest.

Interesting.

All that "he was lucky" stuff always struck me as odd.

Yep. I've always feared a shark attack, the other day I watched an interview with a woman describing how she lost her leg. A great white bit it off. Then the narrator talks about sheer luck - her friends are there to help. :smash:
Indeed, she was very lucky. What an idiot!

Here's the video:

Top 10 Shark Attack Videos : Videos : Discovery Channel

Curious about NDEs? Don't be.

Imagine that it happened to you and now you're back with a story to tell about your otherworldly experience.
Imagine your excitement about the things you've seen and heard.

Now imagine trying to tell people about it.
Even religious people won't believe you, because it didn't happen to them. Want a real quick way to alienate all your friends and relatives, I mean everybody? Tell them what you experienced while you were "out". If you think your closest friends and relatives--at least they will believe you--you are wrong. Years will pass before you meet someone that actually believes you.

Though you were forever changed by the experience, you learn in time to never talk about it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.