Maintaining Sanity

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Right, six months ago I was diagnosed with a heart problem called myocarditis. This has reduced me from a keep fit drink loads and generally active person with a demanding job to a house bound and almost completely immobile and totally teetotal person. For four months I could not stand any noise, movement or even watch TV. Now movement an issue but I can at least listen to music (quietly)again (phew) although regrettably my wonderful Martin acoustic guitar is still a stretch too far. So how do I keep sane - play with high volts, a bunch of tubes and big old capacitors and see what happens. So after reading copious pages on these forums and having had little prior knowledge (I did build a 6550 kit amp 10 years ago) so far so good. Kill or cure? Dunno but it does enable me to do something to keep sane. It's a bit slow though, on average I manage to solder about 2 components a day before I have to retreat to bed. On the upside it is very therapeutic and I cannot wait to be fit and healthy again to enjoy the fruits of my labour and the great advice and helped received from this community so thanks all!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.