LANCE ARMSTRONG a true sports hero!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good.
just in case there's any doubt:

Cycling Investigation - USADA
So very sad all this, millions of people have looked up to this scumbag and his organisation/s and claimed him as a 'hero'. A cycling friend has just phoned me and said 'All those years ago, when you first floated the idea that Amrstrong and Co. were dopeing, we all thought you were having a laugh....... but you were right. It's terrible sad for the USA sports world.'
"Pick your hero's with care" to quote my mother.

And this Weeks keep an eye on:
Rabobank, all dopers imho
Pro Cycle Team Sky: Doubt if there's riders doping, but many of the management are of USPS era, only problem being is Brailsfords 'backwards thinking' (some thing very common in cycling) will not produce the required result....... Who to watch for in the news from 'This Era's Super Team' - none other than our hero Sean Yates, who was on the Discovery team (need I say more!)
My father rode against him a few times, once in the Milk Race and once in either the Tour of Ireland or The Ras, I shall ask for his opinion and post in 'TDF & Cycling in general thread'.

Anabolic steroid use is not a risk factor for testicular cancer. The news media are wrong.

You are correct.

There are no double blind, multi-center, 2,000+ subjects, peer reviewed studies proving taking testosterone, growth hormones, steroids and assorted masking agents for years at a time cause testicular cancer.

So they do not have a risk factor for testicular cancer! It is proven, or at least not studied.

What for profit company would ever fund such a multimillion dollar study? None.

I thank all the women who did not cave into Liestrong's bullying, threats and lawsuits.

Now awaiting Liestrong to blame mommy, daddy or addictive personality for his crappiness.

Lawyers are now drafting multiple lawsuits to have him pay up for all his lies, lying under oath and other bullying tactics.

There are plenty of much more worthy cancer charities out there besides Livestrong.

You are correct.

There are no double blind, multi-center, 2,000+ subjects, peer reviewed studies proving taking testosterone, growth hormones, steroids and assorted masking agents for years at a time cause testicular cancer.

So they do not have a risk factor for testicular cancer! It is proven, or at least not studied.

What for profit company would ever fund such a multimillion dollar study? None.

Well, to be more specific, since I do use testosterone and have read the pertinent pubmed abstracts and various other articles on this subject, if you are a fat man with a big belly and take anabolic steroids but do not take an aromatase inhibitor, you are just asking for prostate cancer and heart disease. The effects on the gonads are unknown outside of the fact that they will shrink with steroid use.

Nike should be next, banned from sport sponsorship if they dont ask / get by force their sponsorship money. He was also responsible for ending several cyclists careers before they even got going, because they refused to take drugs.
Such a shame, BUT the banning the likes of Dr.Ferrari and co is the biggest step.

I just watched a special reportage (couple days ago) on Lance Armstrong, over the years and on his close entourage; friends, girlfriends, associates, doctors, and he lied and corrupted almost everyone surrounding him! ...Just unbelievable!

He was simply the biggest mastermind behind the biggest pile of lies and most corrupted drug scandal we have ever seen in the professional sport of cyclism.
And he encouraged so many other cyclists to take banned drugs, and they did too. ...He's sort of a devil, an evil mind, very manipulative, and tres convincing.

slightly ot:
Wasn't Guyana recently in the news for being the new 'Track and Field doping centre of the world.'?

On topic:
Duped all right. Now EVERY ONE who had any kind of dealing with Dr.Ferrari is going to be lynched. The heads of the UCI should go as well imho

A few years ago I bought a used car from an ex bicycle racer. He had completed three TdeF. He seemed too young to have given up the sport, so I asked him why he had jacked it in. He told me that, when he was involved' every single participant at TdeF level was using drugs and that, although he too had used them, he had no intention of allowing his life to become dependent for any longer....so he got out.

Armstrong has inadvertently put the powers that be in a tight spot as they now must deal with this matter strongly and effectively - despite the fact that they had for so long turned a blind eye to a fact which they fully knew existed. They say its an ill wind!

A few years ago I bought a used car from an ex bicycle racer. He had completed three TdeF. He seemed too young to have given up the sport, so I asked him why he had jacked it in. He told me that, when he was involved' every single participant at TdeF level was using drugs and that, although he too had used them, he had no intention of allowing his life to become dependent for any longer....so he got out.

Armstrong has inadvertently put the powers that be in a tight spot as they now must deal with this matter strongly and effectively - despite the fact that they had for so long turned a blind eye to a fact which they fully knew existed. They say its an ill wind!

The hypocrisy and abuse of power surrounding this is astonishing, the USADA, is living proof of whats wrong with this country, obvious there's an agenda and its not about cleaning up cycling ...

Sign of the times ....:rolleyes:

Well I live far from the USA, but we have our own problems in this an area of general decline as all of the wool garment makers have put their industry out to the far East.
Above, I simplyndicated that, if my informant was to be believed, drugging was rife in the cycle racing world as long ago as early1990s.

Last edited:
After Lance they are going after Indurain and Hinault , Merckx better be careful , yes justice ...:rolleyes:
during Merckx's times doping was an accepted fact of life.
no-one will ever go after these guys, it's different. Armstrong became an American icon and he owns a fortune, which has everything to do with his cycling career. hard to ignore. all the other guys went.
oh, and he kept on denying it, while the contenders (day I say testifiers?) have been all by reduced to envious naysayers.
facts are facts. I've never liked his persona but I've always hoped he didn't do it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.