LANCE ARMSTRONG a true sports hero!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I understand Wayne, I got hit by an old man who turned left in front of me and I went over the top of his hood on my helmet, landed on the other side on my wheels and broke the seat, handle bars and flattened the wheels. I was bleeding and I had to calm the old man down, he was more upset than I was. Cost him a few parts and a few trips to the chiropractor. But I would still rather ride a real bike than sit on a trainer. Find a nice place with some bike paths and take a ride, you'll enjoy it much more!

You were lucky , mine put me up for a year, but you are right and recently i went out bike shopping and had plan on picking one up this month , as I do plan on riding in the park and its really the best time to do so now , due to the kids being of age and already riding ...

Last edited:
Wayne,
I can't tell what part of the country you are in but here in Southern California I would never buy a new bike, I can get one that a racer has used for a year or two for so much less it isn't worth buying new. Have a real nice time when you go out, you will be a lot happier than riding on a trainer or a spinning bike at the gym. Good luck from a fellow biker.
Oh yeah, When I went over the top of the car I was of course clipped in so there was no getting away from the bike or the car...... Did a complete roll, would have made a nice movie stunt.

I got hit by an old man who turned left in front of me and I went over the top of his hood on my helmet, landed on the other side on my wheels and broke the seat, handle bars and flattened the wheels.

I was involved in a similar scenario with an older woman about 6 years ago. I did a complete flip over her car and landed on my back, with just bruising. My BFF, who was riding behind me said it was quite spectacular.:D

jeff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.