Smokin' meat

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok thanks for that. I will look into it.

Here's the brisket after spending the night wrapped in plastic and then 3 hours in the toaster oven at 175F. With and without the flash. Tasty stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_2252.jpg
    IMG_2252.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2253small.jpg
    IMG_2253small.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 72
I just looked at the turkey recipe and it looks pretty good, it's not too far off from what we do. But, he doesn't mention either using a roasting bag nor cooking it breast down for the first part of the cooking. Too bad, he's pretty close to world's best turkey. Ah well, you have to make it something everyone can do so you don't want to complicate it too much, right? ;)

Uhm bacon! Your right Cal the web site only gives a readers digest version. I was lucky enough to catch the show. Seems like a lot of salt, but they explain the science behind it. Over time the salt does its thing then returns to the brine. I did not use a bag but did cook it breast side down. It was not salty but, very moist and tender.
BTW the meat looks great, if that roofing thing doesn't take off (LOL) you may have a future at the food network.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.