Changes in my hifi sound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
I hear small changes from time to time
apart from my own state of mind, I also reckon its due to changes of the year
temperature, humidity, etc etc
such does affect rubber surround, box tuning
and maybe also affect how the sound moves in air
I also sometimes hear a change when I turn on my PC monitor screen
other times changes comes when electricity change, due to load, or maybe they change something at the electricity plant at certain times during the day
I listen to radio a lot, and the radio signal also changeand I probably get changes from neigbours noisy PC's as well
so, I actually expect changes

one thing that must be done, be certain you have proper earthing on your mains

I do have a hearing damage
and massage does help a bit too
and in that respect, nothing sounds much good when Im stressed
so it also helps to be relaxed, and less tense
to me, music listening is just a state of mind

Joined 2008
Paid Member
i never clean them i have read that using earbuds can push wax even further into the canal.

explain what happens to you

I can't speak for Cal, but I have periodic problems with earwax. You're right, using earbuds can just push the wax further in, making things worse. But if you go to see your GP he/she can syringe your ears for you - if you've not had it done it's worth trying. It only takes a few minutes and can make a huge difference. I need it done about once a year. YMMV, of course...

Cheers

Nigel

2008:
I cant get the same sound back as I had before and I'm very disappointed.

I have changed it back to the original capacitance values but still things don't sound as good as before.

2009:
and the real mystery is why I cant get it to sound the way it did previously. I have gone back to exactly the way it was.
Seems like a recurring problem.

I discovered that the rca socket on my AKSA amp was a bit loose. Loose enough that it could wiggle about or turn when you plug/unplug an interconnect but not so loose that there was an open circuit. Could this be to blame?

I've never understood how a poor connection like that will make a difference because its still making contact.

Has the AKSA amplifier a toroidal power supply transformer?
If so, for what primary (line) voltage is it rated?
Did you check your line voltage?
Sometimes the line voltage is higher than nominal, and/or has low frequency rubbish ; many toroidal power supply transformers are very sensitive to this and show core saturation, which might lead to what you are complaining about.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.