Are you afraid of heights?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2000
Paid Member
OMG! I just wathced that. My palms are sweating too!!! :))

I guess you either are or aren't afreaid of heights. After watching that, I'm afraid o heights!! :)

Wait! Did he just say getting on top is the tricky part?? I would think getting out of bed knowing you have to go up there would be the trickest part!

Fantastic!

Last edited:
You have to have good knees and good workboots cause you're standing all the time. That's a really tall one since it has the strobe on top. Shorter ones (under 1000ft) just have a red light. And it must be old since the newer tall ones have an elevator.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The tower climb video was great! Thanks for that.
When I was a kid I wanted the job of changing the lights on radio towers - just so I could climb up there. Love heights!

One of my proudest school moments was focusing lights in a theater by standing on a chair that was in top of a table that was on top of a scaffold. Very shaky and I could just reach. Good times. Also used to go up to the top of the Eiffel tower every chance I got just for the view - and stay for hours. Wonderful. My wife thinks I'm insane.

But those guys on that tower are my new heroes. :up:

I don't have any depth perception so my visual centres can't tell how high I am. Then the logic centres come in and OMG! I would want a parachute on. I know it would be useless but sort of like a security blanket. I guess they get big $$$ in their paypackets. They can keep it!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.