dishonest *******s on ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I cant stand ebay anymore. They protect the buyers and the seller always get screwed. 2 months ago I shipped out a pair of 12"woofers. The buyer claimed they were damaged in shipping. I offered a refund if he shipped them back. Well he shipped back only one woofer and submitted the tracking to paypal and paypal gave him a full refund. Now just last week I sent a audio alchemy power station one to some jerk he claimed the box was empty and paypal gave him back his money. What kind of ** is this? Anyone can just lie and get stuff for free. Why dont we all just start doing this? If you need something and dont want to pay for it go one ebay and bid away.

Actually, I know plenty of people who have been screwed over by sellers too. Its not just ebay, its the real world, real estate agents, used car salesmen, and ebayers. There are always going to be those who are too inferior to the rest of us, they can't compete on level terms, so they obtain by means of dishonesty. Is, has, and always will be, the nature of these pus eggs. Some country's are probably even ruled by such twits!

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I have been using ebay for about 10 years and noticed that last couple it got much worse.
There might be more reasons for it, but ebay policy and their greediness is partly responsible. ebay encourages dishonesty by their new policies, especially dishonest offshore sellers, non-paying bidders...
All they care at ebay is their earnings. They suck!

I've sold around 75 items, many audio or snowboard items. I have had no problems with any of my buyers. But, I do 2 things to prevent problems.
1. Delivery confirmation. You have to know if it got there as a seller.
2. Insurance. I shipped a JBL fiber glass 500 Hz horn and in spite of reasonably good packing, UPS destroyed it. The buyer emailed me pictures to show the damage and I got full value from the UPS store for the damaged horn. I mailed the check to the buyer and he was able to buy another with the money.
Yes, Ebay has a few bad buyers and sellers but being careful is required.

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I have been selling stuff too, and in few cases bidders just decide not to pay because they realize they either overpaid, or just changed their mind. ebay protects them, you can't do much about it these days.
In some occasions when I bought stuff very chieply, like $0.99 for preamp or tuner, seller simply refused to sell.
It did not used to be like that. ebay used to be fun.

Hello

I agree, I'm an Ebay user since the 90's and Ebay are getting worse and since few years Ebay and PayPal are the same company, so they become close to be a monopole since they are the biggest and they don't listen very much to complains.

PayPal are not much better, there is lot of complains about it.

Bye

Gaetan

I've sold around 75 items, many audio or snowboard items. I have had no problems with any of my buyers. But, I do 2 things to prevent problems.
1. Delivery confirmation. You have to know if it got there as a seller.
2. Insurance. I shipped a JBL fiber glass 500 Hz horn and in spite of reasonably good packing, UPS destroyed it. The buyer emailed me pictures to show the damage and I got full value from the UPS store for the damaged horn. I mailed the check to the buyer and he was able to buy another with the money.
Yes, Ebay has a few bad buyers and sellers but being careful is required.

Pretty much every package I get via UPS is damaged, fortunately not always the contents, but they are very hard on our goods. What I find surprising is that they paid you for the damage. They drove a damn forklift into a pair of speakers and claimed they weren't packaged well enough. I no longer use UPS unless there are no other options.

The new policy of not letting sellers leave negative feedback lets the buyer do what ever they want.

I didn't know about this policy. I will not sell on ebay again. That is stupid.

I'm in the UK and have also had many bad experiences with the new rules and dishonest buyers. There appears to be nothing you can do about it either any more.

Ebay is just too big for them to manage now I think, and as a business seller you have to weigh up the pro's and con's - is it worth selling lots and losing some, or selling far fewer through other channels?

It's very poor and I'll be ditching it as soon as I can get away with it.

Lee.

Aren't packages weighted before shipping? Can't you prove there were 2 woofers shipped to buyer, 1 back to you?

Paypal always favor the buyer. As long as they have proof they shipped it back to you paypal issues a refund. I mean they can probably get away with shipping me back a rock and paypal wont give a crap. As for the "empty box" claim. I went to the post office and got a printed document showing my package weighed 2 pounds and I paid $8.90 for shipping. I faxed it to ebay and paypal and they couldnt careless about it.

Hi.Is there any black list of audio buyers?If not, can we make a black list of bad audio component buyers?I can share my black list.There are really unreliable buyers around,they threaneds us to give negative feedbacks,they want items for free,they sometimes tell lies.It will be very useful to share these buyers to get rid of them

Last edited:
Some of them gives 9USD for items and shipping in total and want Express mail service to get their items fast(some repairmen who repair their impatient customers' devices)Express mail costs minimum 30USD in our country.They say they are buyers and they want their items in 1-2 weeks.They do not believe 3000 positive feedbacks.They say that we are liars.
Ebay does not allow to give negative feedback to the buyers.Very badddd

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.