:D:D:D,

Regards
M. Gregg

Attachments

• DSCN3998.jpg
    DSCN3998.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 100
Numi Organic Chai Tea with Peace River raw honey

(it is only lunch time presently - but of course always 5:00PM somewhere)

Hi Chris,

My Ex-Wife's Uncle in Edmonton (yes, I was once married to a Canuck) used to make Mead with Honey from the Peace River Country. Absolutely "the" very best liquid anything, I ever drank!

Because the honey can vary so much taste-wise from one area to another, it's evidently too hard to consistantly brew in any large enough quanity to be a commercial success.

Best Regards,
Terry

Last edited:
Right now I am drinking a Stone Stochasticity Project: Quadro Triticale. The Stochasticity project from Stone, the makers of Angry Bastard Ale and other hop bombs, is their more experimental line of beers. This one is their take on a Belgian Quadrupel Ale, they use Triticale which gives a hybrid wheat/rye characteristic to the drink. It's surprisingly tasty and not too hoppy. Hops fall in line, though maybe to the high side, of what I would expect from a quadrupel. The flavor is unmistakably Belgian influenced but with a sweet and spicy rye note that actually fills it out QUITE nicely. This is a REALLY enjoyable beer. I'm finding it a bit sad that the bottle is almost finished right now as I type.

As an aside, if you are ever in the San Diego area a Stone brewery tour is a MUST! It's a pleasant tour and IIRC its free! Though you do need to come a bit early to reserve a spot. At the end of the tour you get to try free beer! The San Diego beer scene is interesting, while these guys compete against each other, they also understand that much of their success comes from the success of the region. So they support each other, sharing recipes, doing collaborative projects and promoting each other. During beer week, each brewery will have on tap the beer from another brewery in order to cross promote and expose people to another breweries wares. This often helps promote the smaller breweries and bring them into attention. There are quite a few very solid breweries out here: Stone, AleSmith, Ballast Point, Green Flash, Karl Strauss, etc. All of these are within a 20 min or less drive from where I live. If you love beer its one of the cities you have to visit. Heck, beer culture is so ingrained in the city that at my work we have an annual beer brewing competition where the entire company will join various teams (usually around 5-7 teams) to brew beers on company time:D.