What are you drinking?

My wife's sister got married to an English lad living in Devon, England, so we went for a visit. What a beautiful green and serene place it is. Well, it seems the guy's on that side of the pond do things different from us here in South Africa. They drink their whiskey clean without ice. Very difficult for me, I need ice to cool it. I took with two bottles of 80 % straw-rum. The guy's persisted to take it neat like whiskey without Coke and ice for a mix. Needless to say, I saw some some very ill people the next morning. It is a great drink, tastes like rum and raisin ice cream, not for children !
:cool:
220px-Stroh-Rum.jpg

Stroh -- in the U.S. "Stroh's" -- perhaps the same family but it's beer over here. We used to call it "the beer that made Detroit famous". I think you could buy a case (24 cans) for $6 back in 1974.

Wines from Macedonia

One of the local wine stores gets a lot of "different" wines -- nice selection of South African, Greek, Hungarian. I guess that Phillips progeny made wine too:

Tikves Vranec Special Selection 2010

"Made by consulting oenologist Philippe Cambie, who has been telling me for years, "Wait until you taste my wines from Macedonia," this 100% Vranec (an indigenous varietal) reveals a high quality California Zinfandel-like, briery, raspberry, earthy, peppery fruit character as well as a southern Rhone garrigue and spice box note..."
Wine Advocate 90 Points
Regular Price : $14.99
Sale Price : $11.99
ONE DAY Sale Price : $7.79

Attachments

• Vranec.bmp
    72.2 KB · Views: 36