What are you drinking?

How did you distill the Palinca ( Palinka?). Home made equipment ?

I made potato wine as an experiment. Was surprised when it turned out quite nice. Needs more aging however.

You are right about aging. Mine sits for at least a year in barrel. It is distilled twice. The equipment is similar to this one:
palinca.jpg

A good grappa is a thing of beauty. Especially when used to "correct" some espresso.

Fernet, on the other hand, is an unhygienic armpit.

If you must drink something "stanky" then "Marc de Bourgougne" is a much more pleasant way to do your trans-esterification. I suggest a trip to St. Pere sous Vezelay as an example.

Can you imagine an "eau de vie de durian"?

Last edited:
A good grappa is a thing of beauty. Especially when used to "correct" some espresso.

Fernet, on the other hand, is an unhygienic armpit.
:cheers:

AT LAST! Not just one, but two opinions from SY with which I totally agree - and that without any hesitation. But I am also sure that his opinion is subjective - the problem with a properly conducted double blind test is that no-one remembers anything whatsoever!:D

Bad Grappa, and there is a lot of it made, is better suited for removing old paint or splints from horses legs!

:cheers:

AT LAST! Not just one, but two opinions from SY with which I totally agree - and that without any hesitation. But I am also sure that his opinion is subjective - the problem with a properly conducted double blind test is that no-one remembers anything whatsoever!:D

Double blind test?! Is that before or after the test is executed that the tester is double blind!!:eek::eek:

Peace,

Dave