What are you drinking?

....Coffee, high test -- about 3.75 scoops per carafe of water...

I use 2 grams of coffee per ounce of water - I have a 12 oz single cup drip maker and about 1/3 cup of grounds (22-25g depending on fineness) seems to do quite nicely... always curious what others use.

Drinking some maxwell house i had sitting around and find it tastes vaguely like toasted cardboard was added to the coffee. Tastes pretty good with a little chocolate and milk in it, though. ;)

Last edited:
tastes vaguely like toasted cardboard was added to the coffee.

might be this sort of thing -

Chicory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

pic zone

somthin else -

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Today at the job it's Pepsi Max, Water, and Aztex Sweet Chili Tea (Yogi brand).

Trying to tough out a day of recovery, tail end of a horrendous cold- I was lucky enough to have to be in front of our entire western sales teams for a few hours yesterday, with a pocket full of tissues and eyes full of tears. Had to turn down quite a few handshakes to keep my cold to myself.

I just looked at the container, it says 'best by date on bottom' - April 27 2011.

Probably no chicory, but most likely robusta (rather than arabica) beans, and stale ones at that....like I said, works ok for mochas. ;) I make a custom hot chocolate mix with powdered milk, sugar and cocoa and add it in. sometimes a little powdered arbol chile or cinnamon for a change...

Otherwise I drink better stuff - Caribou sumatra, or various others - unadulterated.

I use 2 grams of coffee per ounce of water - I have a 12 oz single cup drip maker and about 1/3 cup of grounds (22-25g depending on fineness) seems to do quite nicely... always curious what others use.

Drinking some maxwell house i had sitting around and find it tastes vaguely like toasted cardboard was added to the coffee. Tastes pretty good with a little chocolate and milk in it, though. ;)

Understand that the 5 biggest brands of coffee in the US are owned by the same company that sells and owns the three biggest brands of antacid.

The coffee is actually purposely made acidic and damaging to your stomach lining. The beans are not washed properly and the skins are not properly taken off and the oils are not removed. The chemical bath, the skins and oils all ...combine to rip out your stomach lining.

A single pressurized steam/blast wash is cheaper than the chemical bath, and fixes all three issues in one shot..

But then you would not need antacids or big pharma for your stomach issues, you see.

Buy some Tums! Buy some Rolaids! Maybe go see the doc as your guts and backside no longer work properly...

Thank you Proctor and Gamble.

Stick to dark roasts, they have the lowest acid content. try to buy ones that are properly washed and skinned. You will feel the difference immediately. In days.

Last edited: