What are you drinking?

Relax, welcome to the pleasure zone.

Attachments

• Gouter.jpg
    Gouter.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 178
Well, since the doc said beer and alcohol in general is about the worst thing I can do for my gout, we've kept that margarita machine humming away for a while now. And yes you can make drinks without booze that taste ok.

Today was banana and mango followed by raspberry. Next is strawberry. I am intaking more fruit than I can ever remember. I am very regular now. Not that anything has changed as being and avid beer drinker took care of that. But I digress...back to your regularly scheduled program.

I *wish* I were drinking a Cedric Bouchard (see the last issue of AudioXpress to read about our visit there). What I *am* drinking is a Gruet Brut, a surprisingly good sparkling wine from New Mexico. My 9 year old (who also loves Champagne) and I have been sipping and listening to some music; that's my secret way of getting him to announce that he's going to bed. Nice way to pass the time.

My wife came home from work last night and, since she had the night before finished all of her own booze, opened the bottle of Westmalle Tripel I planned to take to my dad's house on Saturday and drink with him. When I confronted her this morning, she of the cheap Chardonnay said the ale didn't taste good anyway.

John

You shoulda been down here last night. Live concert at Whip In, which has an amazing Belgian ale selection, to which I helped myself. The music did not suck, either.

I probably shouldn't complain about my wife online, but for me one of the greatest social pleasures I know of is to be with a group of friends and enjoy together a large variety of the finest alcoholic beverages. Great wines, ales, or whiskeys - the pleasure is in the sampling and savoring (not to mention the quality of the buzz). And here she is, all of the time, "I'll just have a glass of your least expensive Chardonnay."

I'll try it next time I'm in Austin. There is a new place here in Dallas called The Meddlesome Moth that features at least fifty Belgian Ales. A great al fresco area but unfortunately no music. :(

John

Last edited:
Currently partaking of a Shock Top Belgian Style White (Wit) Beer. Of all things brewed by the brewers who bring you Budweiser! Yes, they can make good beer. Let's just hope they don't put all of the small breweries out of business!

Peace,

Dave

Bud is no longer a St. Louis company, it's a Poirot company. The folks in BIG MO were extremely upset.

The new stock of goats has arrived:

Attachments

• Goats.jpg
    Goats.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 134
Hello Jackinnj, I am quite aware of the new ownership, and it's affects on the psyche of the residents of St. Louis and surrounding. It still doesn't change the fact that they do know how to make good beer. I just fear that they, or one of the other mega-brewers will try to assimilate everything. AAAAUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Peace,

Dave