What are you drinking?

I have heard ultra vacu-packing is better from some people. Freezing slows down oxidation but no oxygen is even better.
The beans come in a 1 kg vacuum bag which I then transfer into large glass jars and then into the freezer.
Breville-Barista-Express-BES860XL.jpg
With this machine I grind the beans and immediately brew them.
The grinding temperature rise of the beans is noticeable and they end up at around room temp.....using room temp beans results in quite warm newly ground beans.
Bulletproof coffee.
It is an organic coffee, mixed in blender with 2 dates, a spoon of grass-feed butter, a piece of chocolate, and a tea spoon of special "brain octane" oil.
It is enough for a breakfast!
Interestingly I do similar....coffee, 1/2 level tsp of bee pollen and level tsp of coconut oil and sometimes some organic cocoa powder and/or organic honey but never sugar.
I find this to be a comfortable satisfying cup of coffee quite unlike cafe brews and much more to my taste.
Raw Certified Organic Honey

Dan.

Bulletproof coffee.
It is an organic coffee, mixed in blender with 2 dates, a spoon of grass-feed butter, a piece of chocolate, and a tea spoon of special "brain octane" oil.
It is enough for a breakfast!

Note - should be salt free butter- ghee or coconut oil can be substituted - makes for a nice and frothy cuppa that can certainly tame your appetite for the first part of the day.

Just be very careful on testing / ramping up your dosage of the Brain Octane Oil (medium chain triglyceride) - or risk "disaster pants"

Note - should be salt free butter- ghee or coconut oil can be substituted - makes for a nice and frothy cuppa that can certainly tame your appetite for the first part of the day.

The theory behind it is, humans as animals got used to seasonal changes to the food, i.e. carbohydrates during summer to save energy in fats, and fats during winter to get rid of fats and get strength for the summer. The problem with post-industrial society is, people are getting stuck in summer regime constantly saving fats in their bodies, hence a diabesity problem. Fasting can't help to solve this problem, but change of a diet can. The organism just changes the regime, that's it. Switching of desires.

Last edited:
FWIW, if my wife's history of amateur research on the subject, and our shared "adventure" of numerous changes of diet over the past 10yrs following whatever is currently trending proves anything, it's that such theories - often contradictory ones "supported by extensive studies" - appear to be enjoying an exponential growth rate .

If you want to point a finger at anything , you might want to go further back to the societal invention of agriculture over foraging. Daniel Quinn posed some very interesting thoughts in his early works - "Ishmael", "Story of B", " My Ishmael" - but I digress.

Beer goes with anything.

Pending on both the beer, and the anything.

I made a very good porter, it tastes really good at room temperature, and does not feel like drinking warm beer at all, Just a very good beer at the right temperature. But if served cold, it feels way too cold and the taste is extremely bitter.

So my modification to your argument is: you can find a beer that goes with anything else, but the experience of that beer is also, like any other thing in the world, highly dependant on the surrounding conditions.

Edit:
I do apologize about being a dry bore, I can be fun, it just does not happen frequently. :)

Last edited:
You're neither dry nor a bore and you are perfectly right. Certain drinks have certain moments. A medium cold IPA on a hot Summer day is perfect, an icecold lager isn't.

We normally drink lighter lager for our dinners, but in weekends we often drink whine if the dish "asks" for it (red meat, fish ...) or stronger beer if the food is 'robust' or has an odd complexity in taste.

You're neither dry nor a bore and you are perfectly right. Certain drinks have certain moments. A medium cold IPA on a hot Summer day is perfect, an icecold lager isn't.

We normally drink lighter lager for our dinners, but in weekends we often drink whine if the dish "asks" for it (red meat, fish ...) or stronger beer if the food is 'robust' or has an odd complexity in taste.

Thank you. It was a moment of interesting self reflection for me, which was viewed in a slight self ironic and amused way. I enjoy life and a number of different topics, and tend to be overly enthusiastic when in conversation. I usually try to stop and excuse myself when I see casual victims of conversation glaze over and look for an easy way out. Interesting to try and see myself from another angle.

I hear what you are saying, but I often like maybe a more sour beer with a medium rare steak and sauce, it brings a wider taste experience. And darker beer can make a good companion to vegetarian cuisine.
Just to enjoy life and relax I find myself seeking back to a nice Bayer every now and again. Do not remember the last time I purchased any Pilsner.

Last edited: