Bye bye Blue Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• BlueCat.png
    BlueCat.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 606
That's neat, an audio forum where you aren't aloud to talk about anything audible.:rolleyes:

At present, the members are mostly concerned with the electronics aspect of the audio chain.

If you have tried to register an account here, you will have noticed an error message stating that registration is disabled. The forum software has been configured so that only the system administrator can register new members. This is a deliberate attempt to limit participation to a carefully-chosen set of members

I can't wait for my invite.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Blue Cat has found a new home (DIY Audio Engineering - Index) and purrs well-satisfied. :D
Cat that got the cream huh? :soapbox:
If you have tried to register an account here, you will have noticed an error message stating that registration is disabled. The forum software has been configured so that only the system administrator can register new members. This is a deliberate attempt to limit participation to a carefully-chosen set of members
:rofl: I'm a member of an invite only forum to, not even logged in there for about 2 months ;) Nothing to do with audio but in reality it doesn't matter...

You'll soon be wanting something different that a forum like that can't supply..

Have fun :D

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
Anyone who's been around for some time has seen this kind of thing happen, and it will happen again. People go to new forums, and bring their attitude with them. The real reason why people moved there is not because they were unable to talk hard-core electronics here. The real reason is a reaction to a social situation. The thought that such social situations will not arise there is naive at best. You'll enjoy the new forum of course, until problems will arise, and they will; my bet is on human nature. It's highly likely that in a few months there will be a handful of people left posting, with long gaps between replies. It's like watching the Nature of things, with David Suzuki :)

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
I agree with you that this happens on occasion, meaning, tech discussions derailed because of some (perceived or not) commercial interest. I'm not a big fan in general of conspiracy theories. But here's some food for thought: I've noticed something about some people, and I'm not talking about you, since I don't even know who you are; they just don't play nicely with others and this has nothing to do with commercial interest, their engineering background (or lack thereof), or their level of education. It has to do with their inability to sustain a discussion with opposite points of view, the old "blinding ego" problem (such luminous ego that it blinds them :)). So they won't stick to some subject because of whatever reason, disinterest, boredom, etc., and they'll derail a discussion. Often resorting to r o f l and other deriding remarks, or even swearing. IMHO we've got delinquents at both ends of the spectrum.

This being said, life's too short to not search for a happier place, so I whole heartedly wish you a great time whichever forum you join.

That's neat, an audio forum where you aren't aloud to talk about anything audible.:rolleyes:

Yep. Also no quantum purifiers, cables, Krill, caps, silver wire blessed by Tibetan monks, parts by the bag, PCBs on sale, snake oil merchands, opamp rollers, ignorants with a nerve, etc...

Funny enough, in a few weeks for now, I haven't had any urge to **** with anybody.

Anyway, I deleted my ignore list here. Ill drop by from time to time with pictures and updates of the stuff I'm building.

Next on the bench is a $5 MCU bias controller and, now that the controller is ready, putting YAP 2.1 finally together in its home.

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
no parts by the bag, PCBs on sale, ignorants with a nerve, etc...

Hey, :) I hear you. Your direct subtlety isn't wasted.

Funny enough, in a few weeks for now, I haven't had any urge to **** with anybody.

syn08 safe haven, I'm glad you found your "happy"-spot.

Anyway, I deleted my ignore list here. Ill drop by from time to time with pictures and updates of the stuff I'm building.

Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.