My pet peeve: OPAMPs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think it's best not to get bent out of shape about this kind of thing, I'm a British-English-speaking programmer (amongst other things). I have to deal with color and colour and capitalise and capitalize. There are a lot of people for whom English is not a first language who come on here, and sometimes a post that is pretty incoherent at first sight can contain a gem of intelligence. If you freak out about OPAMP you may miss a lot.

w

I have to deal with color and colour and capitalise and capitalize.

Oh lord... my favourite (apart from favorite) is check rather than cheque. I think Noah Webster was actually a Royalist agent bent on making the Americans look silly to the rest of the English speaking world for all time.

My cats think that op-amps are bugs and will carry them off quickly.
"Undiscoverable location" is my pet peeve with op-amps. :)

I think you'll find they have Class D poop...

Hey, I'm not freaked out - I guess my brand of humour is a little dry for you folks. I was actually hoping to get an answer, like "Oh, I picked it up that way over on Head-fi, didn't realise it was wrong" or "huh, I'd always wondered what it stood for, should've realised".

I always find myself reading it as emphasis, like "Can anybody recommend me the best OPAMPS, not discrete solutions like one of you is sure to do by post #4?"

As for programming, the spelling differences do drive me bonkers some days - one of these days I'll find an IDE which will let me spell colour correctly, then silently "fix" it at compile time.

. . . I think you'll find they have Class D poop...

Fortunately, Class-D isn't allowed in the house.
A while back, a Sure Electronics bargain low power tripath (t-amp clone), sounded so beautiful for a couple of days, but I was nearly deaf for three days after. Oddly enough, the amplifier was the only thing that sounded clear, while real life sounds didn't and the telephone was useless, as if people called but only a small noise was there. Gosh, that was scary! Something about the nonstop treble output at barely above the audio band? Anyway, no more Class-D for me until I buy a scope. Its much too dangerous. From my experience with Class-D, I think its so very ironic to see that stuff marketed as an audiophile product. I couldn't even hear my alarm clock for three days. Nice vacation though. :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.