Who loves Chocolate?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Funny you say that even the KitKat's in China and Japan taste weird. I like Lindt or Valrhona 85%, funny Valrhona won't admit on the web to the cannabis flavored bars I saw in ordinary markets in Amsterdam. :)

Same for Vietnam, they produce awful chocolate there. They have a Mars factoryin country and claim it's 100% same everywhere else in the world, probably Vn profucts are slightly different and + high temperatures in country influence the taste. Not good.

Once in a while I go to Teuscher here in Zurich. My wife then lets me have one or two of her Pralines.

Teuscher

They expanded into the US now I see. I hate globalization, but I can't blame them. They used to have the most incredible chocolate mints. Small dark chocolate discs covered with multi-colored mint sprinkles. Since the US expansion, I see many of the best things 'dissapear' from their assortment.

Other than that, I buy the cheapest budget chocolate from the local grocery chain here. It quite handily beats us, uk, german, etc stuff which has too much sugar.

There is quite decent chocolate to be found in italy, spain, france, and even russia (!) but please don't suggest most stuff from belgium is special - too high fat content for my liking.

Higher 'graisse' than even the french would dare...

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Funny you say that even the KitKat's in China and Japan taste weird.

The faulty KitKats were always the best, the ones that were mostly all chocolate with little or no wafer.

I'm currently back on the Terrys chocolate orange and usually buying them when they are on offer for £1. I had that many 'in stock' a while ago that I had to start arranging them in date order :eek:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.