The Jack Bybee NAQ (Never-Asked Questions)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• BNTL2.JPG
    BNTL2.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 332
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Rather unnecessary isn't it? No wait, it's a Bentley, gotta have some shiny stuff in there. ;)

Talking about RF shielding.
My long missed boxer motorbike BMW R60 had it’s complete ignition electrical circuit, RF shielded.
HT coils metal canned, then enclosed in metal housing. Ignition harness was metal shielded (shield not crimped but soldered to the metal housing) . Spark plugs, metal shielded too. Wiring to and inside contact breakers, metal shielded as well.
A real :headshot:
But then, it was made for the “grune mausern” (German Police) :spin:

George

Last edited:
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Do German criminals listen for the approaching interference of police spark plugs? Is not the blue light and siren sufficient warning? Was this a stealth bike, painted with strange dielectric coatings?

He, :rolleyes: he
It was built on 1965. Dangerous times for the German police, no doubt but there was a more obvious reason for them to specify RF shielding.. They wanted to avoid the interference over their own (police) radio intercommunication. These bikes originaly had a radio tranceiver located either on top of the fuel tank or close to the tail light.

George

I was very pleased to learn that the last Jack Bybee's Quantum Purifiers are...cryo-treated since 2002.
At a selling price of 100->1000$ each, is see no reason why you would not use them at the ends of all your cables.
For those of you who are not aware of such amazing high end improvements, or have a family to feed and a mid-fi system, i have been told that you can have good results too, using that kind of cables witch conduct electricity.
If you are not convinced by the improvements of these cables, do some blind tests with and without cables: the difference is obvious.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.