The Jack Bybee NAQ (Never-Asked Questions)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
/OT
In my '67 327ci NGK V-power plugs are the only ones I've ever had good luck with. Most others will run okay for about a week or two,then it gets kinda crummy. Don't even bother with the newer platinum plugs in an old V8,they lasted 3 days,and were completely fouled out. I had to limp the the auto parts store on 5-6 cylinders to get my usual NGK's. Spendy mistake at ~$6 per plug. The center electrode is so small,that a speck of dust will totally foul them,let alone a bit of carbon/oil.

Oh Edmond, do tell us what you mean by that. Are you referring to the project originally intended as a VW or is there more you wish to enlighten us with?

The 924 was designed by Porsche, but the engine is a VW, also used by Audi. The car was manufactured by VW as well.

So Edmond would be fairly accurate, when claiming the 924 to not be a Porsche, as it really is a VW with a Porsche badge.

Magura :)

Q: Why is a thread dedicated to ridiculing another forum member allowed?

A: Psyche, another question: what drives a person to do this?

1. The questions are not ridiculing anybody, not so sure about the answers.
2. Last time I've checked, Mr. Bybee is not a member on this forum. Perhaps he appointed someone to speak on his behalf?
3. And to answer your question, here's a recent ridiculing driving sample:

Unfortunately, most here have little personal understanding of mechanics, engineering, or physics, so far as I can tell.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Porsche 924 is actually considered a fine classic in its homeland, ofcourse
In my country its an affordable Porsche, still a genuine sportscar
If you know how its made, drive and gearbox etc, you will know theres some fine tech involved, designed by Porsche
Porsche wouldnt put their name on if not
Its a very strong sportscar, as long as you dont loose things into the engine, ofcourse
Still out of my reach, and I have to do with a Toyota Carina hatchback from 90, electronic injection
Cost me like 1000USD+taxes, and it drives very well and very reliable
A 6.5feet friend says its like a small sportscar to him, so I take his word fore it :p

Last edited:
The 924 was designed by Porsche, but the engine is a VW, also used by Audi. The car was manufactured by VW as well.

My recollection is that is was designed and built by PAG using the Audi division engine and a handful of VW "off the shelf" parts.

Besides, I'm not here to argue the merits of deserving the Porsche badge or not, just wishing to stick to the facts. Porsche or not? I'd have to say yes, even though it's not something they are proud of. I think we're all glad the 944 came along and put the poor thing out of it's misery. Even the turbo didn't really bring it up to Dr. F's standards. It was a POC. Especially the engine sent over here for the NA market.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Oh, Im sure you could say pretty bad things about the older Porsche models as well, the real ones, the boxers
They need special care
How its "tuned" can make it like night or day
And how you expect it to drive
Its all relative
I suppose nothing rides much like a Ferrari, but Im told not fore very long
Porsches are rarely seen to brake down in a LeMann, which makes a winner
A porsche expert were once asked, "and how many miles/kilometers do a Porsche last"
And he answered "well, they dont know, yet"
Funny

Last edited:
One thing that no one has clarified is that Bybee's own website list's a dealer in Singapore/Malaysia (for his complete line). You can check for yourselves. So what is it again about export restricted secrets? Yes I know, you'd have to kill me if you told me.

I think there should be an NCIS episode on this.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.