Eurovision song contest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sweden came at 5th position, not so bad.

England was so stinking bad, bad, bad!

England, the leading nation besides USA in pop music: Is this tune the BEST England can produce? Did anyone notice Austria? Wonderfull, as Greece last(?) year with the guys in black boots and marching dance.

The event is over and noone remembers the songs. Noone in Sweden listens to "schlager" as we say. This kind of music is hot only at one time per year.

Those were the days when ABBA won......those days are gone :bawling:

EDIT: I admit: I saw it :cannotbe:

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
peranders said:
Noone in Sweden listens to "schlager" as we say. This kind of music is hot only at one time per year.

From this and other posts from German and Scandinavian DIYers, might I assume that "schlager" is the word over there for what we in the USA call "schlock"? That is, cliche lyrics, unimaginative song construction, and a huge production with the record generally ending with what sounds like a full orchestra giving it a big, big finish?

Barry Manilow :smash: would be the King Of Schlock, for instance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.