The Best Movies Ever Made

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
LEON..
The warriors..(a bit dated)

I guess there could be a message in the films.. I guess it depends who's watching..
I guess it says I like action films..

The pacific...My dad died last year and he was at the battle of Matapan (I have some medals) He just hid them in the back of a drawer..He didn't talk much about it..he watched the film (Pacific)..and said I'm so glad I'm to old to see it happen again..He talked about picking up some (local) children in Java that were starving never seemed to manage to finish the story he always got to upset.. when he got to the part about giving them food but they couldn't eat it..even fruit..

Regards
M. Gregg

band of brothers, the pacific, best war movies ever made.
they dont glorify war, but put it as it is, make and think what u want, but here it is.
one of the most memorable things ive ever seen is the interveiws with the 501st.
80yrs old still fresh in there minds loosing freinds....brothers.
the affect war had on these men.
i bet your dad didnt talk about it.
its the ones who saw action, saved lives, watched lives taken who dont.
its the ones who didnt that brag and talk about it.

now your dad is at peace, its a shame i couldnt thank him.

Last edited:
Hmmm ... not sure about "best movies", but high on the list are those I can watch over and over again, never tire of - they have a quality of "freshness" about them that shines through, every time ...

Two of those that come to mind are "Cabaret", and "Charade" - hmmm, do I detect a pattern here, I wonder ...

Why should I be ashamed of myself?
Why, because the best what happens of today's Hungarian television, the Battlestar Galactica?
I possibly could look to Big Brother and similar productions.
Squalor and filth.
This is what we get, this is probably what we deserve.
I have no illusions, I think this is the case everywhere else.
I hated communism as sh!t.
But there were series in the public television, (we had only two) Akira Kurosawa, Marcello Mastroianni series.
Good old hungarian films.
Even Peter Bacsó's film "A Tanú" was also screened once.
I suppose, heads fallen in the dust after that.
French, Italian, German(!) New Wave films and so on!
If ... I can seen this by Lindsay Anderson.
And my eternal favorite, perhaps in Mastroianni series, Leo The Last, by John Boorman.
I do not know, sometimes I think now could come already in that asteroid or something to stop this lie, what we called life.
Eh, whatever.
I'm just a grumpy old man.

Squalor and filth.

BB made someone here 2.5 billion dollars.
As a result, 2/3d of the Dutch TV channels currently are commercial ones, which broadcast filth all day.
The BB guy started out as a coffee help at a commercial TV station, now he owns part of several.

Thing is, 2/3d of the viewers have the desire to watch filth.
2/3d had a filth wish all along, but didn't get what they wanted up till two decades ago.
Same deal on your end, you could have been a grumpy young guy.

(a genuine grumpy one would assume the asteroid to miss the target by a hair)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.