The Best Movies Ever Made

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nothing wrong with TV after nookie. (sob)
Only if you have enough dong. No dong? No nookie. And then everything wrong... and not only with TV.
If i understand well, you have the same problem in Netherlands like in Greece. TV shows 10 times per year "Forrest Gump" and another 10 the "Saving Private Ryan".
Have a nice week.

Last edited:
We have the BBC channels, Anglia, Belgium and French TV, RAI uno for Italia, TV5 for Canadian stuff, the 3 main German channels NDR+ZDF+WDR.
Or Turkish, Maroccan, Spanish, etc etc.
All in the original language, i've been comprehending TV-lingos since age 6.

Latest fashion on commercial Cheese stations is a never ending re-run of the "Seagal Diabetic goes Zen on low-tax foreign soil" series.
No need to monitor annoying stuff, and i hard-drive record to skip commercial brainwash breaks.
Call me Chauncey.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
For good - fun read the novel "Forest Gump." It's short, you can breeze right thru it. Very different from the movie. Many of the same characters and situations, but handled in a different, less P.C. way. E.G., Forest is an idiot savant (maths) plays chess and becomes an astronaut. Bubba's not black, but still a shrimper. Forest is the one with the drug problem, not his girlfriend Jenny. He doesn't run either, but I'll leave you to guess why that was changed.

Nice study in the Hollywoodized version of a fun little story.

We have the BBC channels,

BBC America at this end, but we also subscribe to TV5 -- curious to note that the French Canadian programming has subtitles so that the French French (or maybe those of the Carib etc.) can understand it.

There's a little Indie movie out a few years back "Paste" -- pretty funny.

I am trying to find a non-PAL copy of "Menschen am Sonntag" with no success. When TCM did their revue of German cinema a couple years back it was mentioned, but nowhere to be found stateside.

That would be better than talking about Forrest Gump, which is the only movie I've ever wanted to walk out of from the opening line but didn't. I stayed because I thought my wife wanted to, but unknown to me, she felt the same way.

I also don't know what Eurospeak is

I think it has something to do with being able to make a pun in a second language.:)

John

Last edited:
@jlsem: Awful movie. But I have certain rules that seem to work to help me avoid pictures I'll hate.

1. Nothing with Tom Hanks.
2. Nothing by Robert Zemeckis.
3. Nothing by Stephen Spielberg.
4. No movies whose titles end in a number.
5. No movies about a group of menopausal women discussing their innermost feelings about their mothers.
6. No French movies about the angst of being a pretty French teenage girl.
7. No James Cameron.

Ah, like this : Claudine à l'école - DvdToile

I still have dongle connection issues when i see a picture of Marie Hélène Breillat.
YouTube - Marie Hélène Breillat Tendre Insoumise

Eurospeak :
In my radiology days, a gentleman with an amputated leg required x-rays.
At first, i assumed half of one leg was amputated.
A collegue discretely informed me that the stump was Not the upper leg part, but something completely different.
Shivers, i even touched it when i helped the guy up.
The human body has a memory function. Once you loose a leg, the blood still wants to go there. Doesn't work with half amputated legs.
(out of the eight trainee docs, one was ex army-ranger, someone you'd definitely not want to examine you knees for torn cruciate ligaments)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.