The Best Movies Ever Made

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No wait, the must see for those about to "join up" and a new level of war real is another mini series "Generation Kill"

eg. YouTube - Generation Kill Chatter; Episode 6
YouTube - gk ep 3 ending

the first example is better but theres something about the second one that gives me chills.

I went to the second link in this post and after a long wait, while it loaded, I got to watch 2 minutes and 58 seconds of credits. It gave me chills to think that somebody would entertain themselves by wasting other people's time.

I try to open minded, in spite of what I guessed would be the message. After this I won't bother.

BTW: I served two tours in Vietnam (67-69) so I got to see plenty, where exactly were you?

Not amused,
Terry

Well I stay in the chair watching theese.....

It is hard to just pick one. This is my list not in a particular order.

The Shawshank Redemption
L'appartement
Femme Fatale
Identity
Inside Man
Delicatessen
Leon
Magnolia
The Bourne Identity all 3
Twelve Monkeys
Python's charm
Spinal Tap
Reach the Rock
Nikita - the french original movie.
Short Cuts , Crash
Runaway Jury
Grosse Point Blank
Heartbreakers

And what about Groundhog Day?
It's on my list.

And it did not rely on lots of clever dialog, either. Nice.
What? You don't think "I've just met you and I love you" by the dog is not clever dialog? ;)

Dark city
Beats the Matrix IMO (And came out a year or so BEFORE the Matrix). I hated the Matrix. Maybe because EVERYONE in the Netherlands thinks its the greatest movie ever.

I enjoyed :
American Beauty
Another favourite of mine.

Last edited:
In Germany it's tradition to watch "Dinner For One" at New Year's Eve. It's a really hilarious sketch in English, created and performed by Freddie Frinton. For some unknown reasons barely one Englishman knows it.
"The same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie?" - "The same procedure as every year, James!" :)
Happy New Year!

It is hard to just pick one. This is my list not in a particular order.

The Shawshank Redemption
L'appartement
Femme Fatale
Identity
Inside Man
Delicatessen
Leon
Magnolia
The Bourne Identity all 3
Twelve Monkeys
Python's charm
Spinal Tap
Reach the Rock
Nikita - the french original movie.
Short Cuts , Crash
Runaway Jury
Grosse Point Blank
Heartbreakers
Well, just saw Scarface last night and without any doubt, it has to be added to my list.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.