The Best Movies Ever Made

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pi by Darren Aronofsky:D
Oooops, how could i ever forget that one :headbash:
That was his only movie I didn't care for. Excellent story, but gave me a headache.
Much like Max no doubt who finally did something about it (with a drill) :rofl:

Brilliant musical score as well, the CD with the film score is well worth getting!

Requiem For A Dream is also a fantastic film, i'll second that one.

OK, I will second "the name of the Rose" -- a precursor to the roman a clef? Barring the melodrama, I think that it's a pretty accurate portrayal of monastic life in the 14th c or so.

I wonder why there has been no movie about the love between Abelard and Heloise -- i know all about the grizzly stuff --

The "B" Movies of the 1930's are to be recommended as well...and some of the "A" movies always get an airing this time of year. In particular, I am looking forward to "Blue Dahlia" with Veronica Lake coming up on TCM within the next 24 hours.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I was about as profound as I want a Pixar movie to be. (I'm not being funny)
My wife and I very much enjoyed it.

And it did not rely on lots of clever dialog, either. Nice.

IMO. The best film ever made in Hollywood. North by Northwest.
Directed by an Englishman with an English star, but they were both very Hollywood.
Gone with the Wind and Wizard of Oz are very close seconds. Doesn't get more "Hollywood."

Nice to see my favorite film of all times mentioned so often.
Monty Python's Holy Grail.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.