The Best Movies Ever Made

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's a thought, though Fotios may have to sacrifice his beloved ATB bike for nookie.

Instead of Bunuel and/or Deneuve talk : Crimes of Passion.
With China-Blue Miss Turner and the coke snorting, dildo-swaying, weirdo Anthony Perkins.

Le Coc-k est Mort. :clown:

Attachments

• Coq.jpg
    Coq.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
I also include it to my favorites.
In Hungarian: A nagy zabálás.
Right from the initial post, I referred to it.
Since it is also Mastroianni film.

Jacco, you saw this film:

Leo the Last - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was shrieking because of the bliss when I saw this.

The film that Marcelllo made lock himself into my heart definitively is this.

Wacky

Last edited:
Joined 2005
Paid Member
La Grande Bouffe

I rented it at the recommendation of an odd friend. I have to say it was a bit disturbing, but interesting....The food, sex, and deaths.

My wife still brings up the movie as one of my better pics (as she rolls her eyes into her head).

This movie has single handedly negated 13 years of chic flix I had to sit and watch in one fell swoop....and without a cameo from Bruce Willis, Steven Seagal or Jackie Chan.

other great films the critics didn't like -- the one which is forefront in my mind is "Hud" with Paul Newman, Patricia O'Neal, Melvyn Douglas -- the big circulation mags of the day didn't like it, mostly for the title.

the critics really panned "A Christmas Story" when it came out in 1983. my wife and I saw it with my sister and her husband and couldn't keep from uproariously laughing. it's now a classic and played around the clock on Christmas eve.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004

Stalker loves submarines hehe... Das Boot is the best sub movie ever made. I have read about U-boats commanders; nerves of steel, great patience and courage... the bad part was that they were not allowed to rescue shipwrecked survivors. Sending ugly cargo ships to the bottom of the sea is cool in my book :D, killing people... not that cool.

You've seen way too many movies.

Submerged subs are much safer than surfaced (vessels), even German U-boats couldn't run submerged for very long untill the 2nd half of ww2.
Sub officers main qualities are good communication skills and a decent sense of humor. (plus unsusceptible nostrils, oldy 2 and 3 cilinder subs were named pig boats for good reason)
=> Submarine snorkel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old class mate of mine, the left 4-eyes on the picture at page 46.
Ex sub officer, ex head operations at navy staff, not exactly butch but one of the nicest blokes of the lot back then.
=> http://www.supplychainmagazine.nl/wp-content/uploads//2009/12/SCM06-044-048-scheepsbouw-2.pdf

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
So it seems the Germans copied the idea from Dutch engineers, strange name "the sniffer" but pretty funny.

Someone who has a sexual fetish for nuzzling someone else's ***hole with their nose.
I have seen many submarines movies (not all) but I also did my bit of reading. Your life was doomed if you were inside an U-boat (starting late '42?) and they knew it, snorkel equipped subs were few (1944?) and made life even more miserable (but less risky) inside a sub. I think a good sense of humor doesn't help much when you know your chances of returning home are pretty slim. Deep charges when you're submerged, bombers when you're not. Pretty stressing I'll say. Anyway, I feel attracted by the psychological drama those men had to endure.

Nowadays it's not that interesting, submarines are much safer.

one of the nicest blokes
Maybe not a coincidence. Can you imagine bully and irascible characters inside a sub?

"Gray Lady Down" (virtual/reality oddbal David Carradine) and the oldy "Hell Below" (Jimmy giant nasus Durante) are memoral sub flics.

My experience with folks on the web is that the hardest barkers in the virtual galaxy are not much of a bite in the real deal.
(a person who is hyperactive, with a very low stress tolerance threshold, requires either a lot of physical exercise or plenty booz/smokes)

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Wow, I haven't seen those movies. Time for a search. Thanks.

My experience with folks on the web is that the hardest barkers in the virtual galaxy are not much of a bite in the real deal.
Not only on the net, in real life too. But beware of guys like me - looking calm and composed... those are really the dangerous ones. Volcanoes erupt rarely but when they do... watch out! :D

I'll take plenty booze/smokes, thanks. Physical exercise is for others. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.