DIYaudio's new look

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
The new wiki is very close, there have been some technical "hiccups" and I apologize for the unacceptable lengthy delay.

As for the rest of the site, well, to my mind it's pretty ugly. But that's vBulletin. We fought for the best part of a year trying to turn it into something beautiful and it was just too hard. Next year, and if there is enough of a financial response to the things I'm working on at the moment, my dream is to make this website look really really nice. Out with the murky blue grey mess and in with fresh, balanced, modern and artistic design that is as fresh and inspirational as the things being discussed. This is something I feel strongly about and I really hope that I can find a way to spend as much time as I'd like on developing the site.

In case anyone is interested, here's one path we almost completed, only to get stonewalled.

inspiration.png

searching for posts to which someone has previously contributed.

Now I have to go through two searches and enter the name twice to get the listing and then when I refresh it does not bring the newest to the top of the list. If a new post is located on second or subsequent page then it is "lost" from the current view.
And because the "advanced" dialogue page has multiple entries I cannot get my browser to auto fill.

It's slow.
searches now seem to take much longer than before the forum started it's upgrade.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.