What we can do to Support Peace!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd sure like to see peace break out here at diyAudio.

Between the other support peace thread, the blind listening test thread and the output stage with gain thread there has been an awful lot of backbiting and nastiness going on around here. All the venom and ugliness being displayed really takes the fun out of this place.

Phil

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
To be honest, Haldor, I think the other Support Peace thread shows the forum off to good advantage.

Sure it's long, since it covers a continuing story. It is dreary and repetitive in spots, and occasionally nasty, (by diyAudio standards). But have you taken a look at the conversations elsewhere on the internet on the same subject?

Maybe there are some really nasty spots I missed, since I have been following the thread only intermittently. But overall I think most of the people there are there to make points in a logical, conversational way.

You can make some of the same criticisms of the people on CNN, CNBC and the like. Same people saying the same old crap over and over, day after day. Yet they get paid six or seven figures for their political commentary.

I honestly think that you can take some of the people from the Support Peace thread, put them on the cable news networks, and find they are improving things there. :) :)

bush&Blair ..please... they're just two lovers with a blind eye towards our(US) struggle and an open heart to greed...

peace doesnt exist...the thought of peace is just a programmed emotion wich all us humans are born with...and doomed to destroy....whats love if we do ot know what hate is? the same goes for good and bad, if we lived in a perfect world there would be different variations of good..thus replacing bad...the same goes for war and "peace" as long as there are ppl looking after their OWN self interest in our hopeless government peace will forever remain inches from our grasp and yet we cant reach it...

support liberty? please! be serious, what liberty?liberty to search arabic ppl, without question? speaking truth is considered ANTI american or un patriotic then consider me as u wish, Courageous leaders? you sound liek you work for them! yes...God bless bush's courage for stealing america, for all we know he could of been behind 9/11 just look at operation northwood...

(-V.L-)

DO IT YOUR SELF

As this is a Do It Yourself Forum that is the best answer I can give.

If you can get peace at a personal level you get peace on a comunity level.
If you can get peace at a comunity level you get peace on a national level.
If you can get peace at a national level you get peace on a international level.

SO IT ALL COMES DOWN TO YOU!

Maak

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.