Modeling emotional engagement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AKSA said:
In all my life I doubt I have ever seen a finer ******* competition.

Am I watching a rerun of 'The Man that had two brains'?

Christ on a crutch! Get your facts straight, pal!

That's "The Man With Two Brains." Not "The Man That Had Two Brains." If you think you're such an expert on movies, from now on I'll refer any questions I'm asked about movies to you.

:D

se

Since the thread lost its topic, I found it appropriate to move it to Off Topic forum.

When you guys start discussing "Output stages with gain Enhance Slew rate", I'll move it back, where it belongs.

Mikek,
I hope you don't mind, but it was mostly because of your attitude. You started an interesting thread, but don't know how to keep it interesting;)

Ah, Steve,

Thank you! Two Brains, yes, you are right.

Now, can you spell his name, Steve Martin's character?

The nearest thing to Monty Python the States ever produced.

Loved it.

Now, let's get back to slew rates.

Long as it's over 5V/uS, who cares anyway. And what if it's not the same positive versus negative half cycle?

Is it relevant, and does it improve the listening experience?

BTW, anyone have a math model for emotional engagement? I'm sure I saw one in PSpice the other day..........:clown:

Cheers,

Hugh

AKSA said:
Thank you! Two Brains, yes, you are right.

Now, can you spell his name, Steve Martin's character?

Sure. Piece of cake! Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr (he types while closing down his Google search). :)

The nearest thing to Monty Python the States ever produced.

Loved it.

Won't argue with that.

Now, let's get back to slew rates.

Let's.

Long as it's over 5V/uS, who cares anyway.

Well, Matti Otala might have a bone to pick with that one. :)

And what if it's not the same positive versus negative half cycle?

Time to up the Prozac dosage?

Ok, I'm through now. :)

se

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Re: I Repeat The Question...

mrfeedback said:
Posted previously, but no answer so far...

"I would appreciate this time a polite explanation of the character strings as in your profile, or if meaningless an explanation of your motives in doing so.
Phred has asked of your actual practical experience in construction or repairs of audio equipment - please enlighten us all."

Eric.

fjgfr fgjhfj. etutug....cheers.:)

BTW, anyone have a math model for emotional engagement?

AKSA said:

BTW, anyone have a math model for emotional engagement? I'm sure I saw one in PSpice the other day..........:clown:

Hugh,

You raise a very interesting point. The very entertaining reparte I've read in this thread cetainly allows sufficient information to characterize the emotional engagement of many of the participants; not only the engagement betwixt and between the various participants, but a reasonable guess of emotional engagement between some of the posters and those near and/or dear to them.

Take H.H., for example....
Many appreciate his practical comments - "I've used X component and found them to be ...." and his willingness to engage in technical discussion and graciously? provide guidance. I certainly admire any contemporary who still remembers his Latin (Would you smart guys please translate?) But, I would think that most of us here have also gotten some measure Fred's personality. I happen to like his curmudgeonly ways. I can estimate his age, and how those around him interact, etc... (when it comes to his wife, I can only think - long suffering and bemused)
Certainly, we can also make similar ascessments of the emotional engagement between other posters and those with who they personally interact, even to the detail of their age, background, and the number of and type of interpersonal relationships.

Can we translate these implicit metrics to a model? I don't think that PSpice is currently up to the task of modeling emotional engagement because we lack agreement on what exactly those metrics are, and what mechanisms are behind them. Perhaps a black box approach using neural nets (Kalman filtering) with ouputs consisting of subjective reading panel evaluations of emotional engagement and the inputs would be objective measurements of the subject. For interpersonal emotional engagement we'd need a mechanical method of rating lexical, grammatical, content, deconstrutive, etc... inputs.

The task is certainly beyond my abilities. But I do believe it would be possible to develop a model that really could mechanically differentiate between the very model of a modern major general and someone who insists on playing 'The Bishop and the 'Busman''.

Thanks for raising such an interesting point,
Paul

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
GNOTI SEAUTON.

Hi,

How on earth did I miss out on yet another rock throwing contest?

Oh, and for those fond of quoting Latin, check your spelling guys...

This quid quo pro vendetta thing is very telling about your persona, glad to see you're all human...

Tssskkk...

'The Bishop and the 'Busman''.

Could it be "The P*sshop and the "Bushman"?

Cheers,;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.