John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
As relates to outsider art, here is my standard, Eugene Von Bruenchenhein :: Home his chicken/turkey bone Eiffel Tower painted with gold Krylon sitting in the middle of a major art museum was very moving. He is from my home town after all. His lewd photos of his wife are also interesting, Man Ray had his Lee Miller but what is art? Or should I say what is $$$$$art?

Last edited:
diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
Not new on science but here is The string theory explained for mortals…

TED. The universe on a string. [VIDEO]

Tony
The Big Bang Theory episode that had a brief appearance by Greene was on recently in reruns. And last night they reran the one where Sheldon and Leslie Winkle were sparring about string theory versus loop quantum gravity, about which Leonard's ambivalence became a deal-breaker for their having kids. Quite amusing.

diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
bcarso,
That is with the voicecoil in the magnetic field or external to the field?
It's a test fixture for measuring voice coil d.c.r. under heavy drive by extracting the voltage drop due to a probe current while a large a.c. signal is driving the loudspeaker under test. But as well the fixture will provide r.m.s. current and voltage and true power (average of instantaneous i * v) in the manner of a Valhalla-like meter.

So, yes, the voice coil as part of the assembled and magnetized loudspeaker driver.

Scott
The 7905 family of regulators I believe first appeared in the 70's. Is anyone still using those older processes to make current parts?

Certainly no one is using 2" wafers, I don't think the starting material is available anymore (maybe for some very exotic devices). We got a quote today for some specialty JFET's for an experiment $290 @ 1-9 in die form :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.