John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
as we age - after 50 esp. - we dont absorb nutients as effectively nor as effeciently as we used to. This can mean you might need to increase your intake of vit/min [but not calories].... thus enter suppliments. But which ones and how much?

We are all somewhat difffferent in this reguard. I found that long term effects of diet and invironmental factors show up in our finger nails and hair. sample of hair for mineral analysis is done with a mass spectrometer. I did this and found I was low in magnesium. A common occurance in USA from depleated soils. Magnesium is important for a whole host of things for the body. And, so that is a suppliment I take. You get a lab report sent to your doctor and it is about 3-4 pages of everything found and the levels... toxins, mercury as well.

To stay healthy as you possibly can and to keep your immune system at peak performance -- It isnt enough to eat well and a wide variety when aging modifies what gets into your body. And, the fact that our foods have become modified which hinders absorption and the Organic foods have less nutients than in the past due to depleted soils. One now needs to take suppliments.

-RNM

Last edited:
Wavebourn,

I could not agree with you more. We here in America have fallen prey to what the advertisers with say is good for us rather than what our bodies tell us or common sense for that matter.

Maybe you should start a wellness thread and share with us what you have discovered. I am not kidding.

A good read for anyone that is interested is the Okinawa Program.

Jam

We are all somewhat difffferent in this reguard. I found that long term effects of diet and invironmental factors show up in our finger nails and hair. sample of hair for mineral analysis is done with a mass spectrometer. I did this and found I was low in magnesium.-RNM

This is beginning to remind me of Ray Kurzweil's life extension screeds. My sons make fun of my "heath of the nails" obsession. As contrast Ray is GMO tolerant to the point of falling for the "Golden Rice Hoax".

BTW, I absolutely love gnawing the gristle off of bones. Chicken in particular, a great source of type 2 collagen.

Last edited:
diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
I worked with a guy at UCLA who was married to a woman studying medicine, who did go on to become an MD. He would be derisive about anyone (like me) taking vitamins and minerals, stating that "Pam says you get all the nutrients that you need from food."

I don't hear that out of MDs all that much anymore :). Those that are still alive.

Meanwhile, at 64, around the midpoint of my seventh decade, I take no pharmaceuticals whatsoever, save the rare ibuprofen. When I actually had to drag my behind to emergency in 1995, after a savage cat bite had gotten infected, the nurse taking the med history was so delighted that she didn't have any medications to have to document :)

diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
This is beginning to remind me of Ray Kurzweil's life extension screeds. My sons make fun of my "heath of the nails" obsession. As contrast Ray is GMO tolerant to the point of falling for the "Golden Rice Hoax".

BTW, I absolutely love gnawing the gristle off of bones. Chicken in particular, a great source of type 2 collagen.

I'm sure Ray is an engaging character to know. But I side more with Jaron Lanier when Kurzweil and his followers go on about their download into immortality.

Wavebourn,

I could not agree with you more. We here in America have fallen prey to what the advertisers with say is good for us rather than what our bodies tell us or common sense for that matter.

Maybe you should start a wellness thread and share with us what you have discovered. I am not kidding.

A good read for anyone that is interested is the Okinawa Program.

Thank you Jam;

but what turned to be good for myself can be bad for others. I did not follow propaganda.

I did follow my feelings, but later when started learning what's going on inside of that machine with schematic diagram consisting of nervous and endocrine system feedback loops I started understanding what I was doing wrong.

I was not fat, did not have diabetes or other results of traditional American lifestyle, but sometimes I needed as I thought more and more of cups of coffee with sugar in order to start functioning in the morning.

My wife being on one of her medical seminars bought a new book that allowed me to see the "schematic diagram". Then I bought another book and understood the value of ancient traditional cuisines. But during the reading of the first book, in one week, I changed diet according to understanding what is needed for balance.

First of all, I bought natural sea salt instead of refined one. Second, in the morning instead of coffee I started from a glass of salted water. Third, 15 minutes - half an hour after I ate complete breakfast, with bacon, eggs, tomatoes, onion, and natural butter on top of whole sour bread, drinking whole goat kefir. Before that I did not have appetite in the morning. I did not have an energy. That's why I drank coffee. It kicked a bit, but half an hour after I felt worse and needed more coffee. I followed my feelings "I need an energy", but interpreted them wrongly. Coffee is not the source of energy. It can kick adrenals, but if they can't produce more of cortisone such kick leads to further exhaustion instead of healthy energy.

It was the main starting point.

For someone else it is not the problem at all. Someone else may be in the deeper abyss, so more of efforts are needed... I am not a doctor, I am only doctor's husband that used to be stubborn and refused to learn the machine "Human Body" before it started to demand attention.

Until 2 years ago I was in a deeper trouble. I had adrenal fatigue misdiagnosed as "alcoholism". However, my wife could not believe that I was an alcoholic, neither did I because what I read about that decease had different symptoms except craving for alcohol after the first dose. Now I understand why. Alcohol supplied cheap energy to cells, so after it gone they always started crying for continuation of banquet. Last weekends I drank a glass of vine because the company insisted, but felt no craving anymore. That means, the main reason, adrenal fatigue that lead to lack of energy, has gone.

Here are 2 books that were last drops in my change:

http://www.amazon.com/Adrenal-Fatig...enal+fatigue+the+21st+century+stress+syndrome

http://www.amazon.com/Nourishing-Tr...1&keywords=nourishing+traditions+sally+fallon

However, before reading this books I was reading many other books about adrenal glands, nervous system, auto-training, meditations, but this 2 books caused revolution.

Last edited:
Waveborne,

For the most part I have stopped drinking coffee and diet sodas and switched to green tea......that alone brought a huge change. I will order the cookbook first........thanks for the advice.

You are welcome Jam.

The book was written by he chef that studied traditional cuisines of many cultures with co-author that is scientist specialized in lipids. A good blend of practical wisdom of people and theoretical work of scientists. They add to each other understanding scientific truth behind traditional wisdom.

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
True, but after I started paying attention to what I eat, at 54 years' old age I got dramatic change in mood and energy, in only 1 week!

Of course. Your body was under a lot of stress! I'm ten years older and a lot will change in your body in the next ten years and beyond --- it just wont work like it does today. It is a constant chase and takes continuos monitoring with adjustments along the way to keep on top of your health. And, no doctor can do that for us. Doctors come into play as desease has already taken over. Work on the immune system next to Stay healthy. Congrates in your taking control of yourself and getting quick results. -RNM

Of course. Your body was under a lot of stress! I'm ten years older and a lot will change in your body in the next ten years and beyond --- it just wont work like it does today. It is a constant chase and takes continuos monitoring with adjustments along the way to keep on top of your health. And, no doctor can do that for us. Doctors come into play as desease has already taken over. Work on the immune system next to Stay healthy. Congrates in your taking control of yourself and getting quick results.

Yeah, when I was 18 I did not even think of possibility of such hypothetical problems. My organism just worked. Period. :D
Thank you, and good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.