Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Today, 02:17 PM   #98371
Max Headroom is offline Max Headroom  Australia
diyAudio Member

Location: West Australia, near to the beach, natural ambient sounds mostly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by john curl View Post
Dan, keep on truckin! Many here will not believe anything about what you are trying until it is in a textbook somewhere. '-)
Thanks John, there ain't nuthin gonna stop me on this.
I'm off soon to work a Staff Christmas show with a curtain hidden second stage super secret surprise performance by one of Aus's top/most famous/enduring performers.
The venue is an exclusive restaurant huge room overlooking Perth City and waterways from high above......quite a Christmas party !.
I will see how 'The Voice'* will improve with a bit of system tweaking, lol.

Anyway, my observations are unequivocal, and if there are texts that describe the mechanism I haven't found them.
My mention 'the implications are deep and far reaching' goes deeper, much deeper than I am willing to let on about here on this forum, and the reason is not fear of ridicule.
The most of us are prone to a host of environmental influences good and bad.
Most of these influences are obvious and some are not, and some of the bad influences have been 'hidden' from our view by means of censorship and miseducation.
Some of these bad influences can be ameliorated and turned to neutral or beneficial.
Audio is a subfamily, the applications of what I am exploring is essentially universal and for the benefit of all, this is my driver.
In the meantime I get more enjoyable audio, wines and car and that's just for starters.

Dan.

* - Aussies will work out who it is.

Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority - Kings Park
https://www.google.com.au/search
http://www.frasersrestaurant.com.au/...ark/fr_050.jpg
http://www.frasersrestaurant.com.au/...-cityscape.jpg
Old Today, 02:21 PM   #98372
simon7000 is offline simon7000  United States
diyAudio Member

The winter drop in temperature has finally arrived. Had to turn up the furnace. Lots of cold air here so Bill, Max, Scott etc. if you are having trouble chilling out, just let me know and I will send you a box of cold air.
Old Today, 02:49 PM   #98373
scott wurcer is online now scott wurcer  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon7000 View Post
a box of cold air.
Plenty cold here, do you let the humidity drop? Did you see Microsoft's anechoic chamber, they really moved the goal post on that one?
Old Today, 02:52 PM   #98374
scott wurcer is online now scott wurcer  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
In the meantime I get more enjoyable audio, wines and car and that's just for starters.
I'm afraid to ask what happens if you goop up a bong.
Old Today, 03:20 PM   #98375
Tournesol is online now Tournesol  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacuphile View Post
Back EMF will increase impedance so what is so wrong with that? And it is always there when a voice coil moves through a magnetic field, which is what happens when you hear sound coming from your speakers.
Yes. And it is enough to hit a finger on the membrane of a bass speaker with its connectors open VS shorted to understand what Back EMF is about.
I wonder why nobody here had reacted the words:
"Back EMF does not occur in a properly designed and aligned speaker system. "
Old Today, 03:24 PM   #98376
billshurv is online now billshurv  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
Bill, there are reasons and there are excuses.
Mine are reasons, what are your excuses for your characteristic negative and whinging pom behaviors as evidenced in your posts.
Because for 6 months now you have stated that you have two bit identical files that 'clearly' sound different. But when asked to provide them for others to listen to you suddenly need to make more. Sounds like an excuse.
Quote:
Bill, I am experimenting with effects of some deep aspects of physics as pertaining to audio and and further pertaining to other fields.
Except you are not. You are mixing gloop.
Quote:
So Bill, what is it that you do in your day job and what significant research are you undertaking ?.
What is your interest, what is your passion, what drives you, who are you really ?.

Dan.
What drives me is providing for my loving wife and 6 kids. What I do has no bearing on the fact that you are either about to win a nobel prize or completely deluded.

You really do not understand 'research'. But you have been told that many times.

Ed: All chill here. Making fruit cake with a two year old is a wonderfully cathartic experience.

John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part IIHide this!Advertise here!