John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Charles and I were not so successful with audio reviewers, even without knowing them personally, I might find many 'conclusions' made here interesting and cost saving. However, to make my JC-3 phono preamp as successful as it is (for the money) I had to REMOVE steel from anywhere that might be close to the actual audio signal. Yes, the 'offshore guys' tried to sneak it into the backplate and other intimate locations. During listening tests, I had to either remove it or pull it away from the active electronics to make it sound OK. Take it or leave it, but NOW we use aluminum where I insisted. I have had similar problems with connectors, capacitor leads, and other components. However, may my 'critics' use all steel in their chassis, ceramic caps, and high feedback designs. This will keep me in business for a long time. '-)

Last edited:
Hi,

may my 'critics' use all steel in their chassis, ceramic caps, and high feedback designs. This will keep me in business for a long time. '-)

Picture-92-300x209.png

Ciao T

Hi,

Yes, the Belts have written about it repeatedly, lots of details on the method, with all kinds of testimonials from people who have tried it.

Really, interesting. You would not, like have some references?

I'm surprised you're not familiar with this breakthrough in perception.

Sorry, I had dealings with "Belting" when I was still reviewing things. It ain't for me.

But hey, if it works for you and you want to promote it, who am I to tell you otherwise?

Ciao T

Really? This works? I am intrigued.

Do you have instructions?

Sure.

Each individual human had a fundamental adverse problem imposed on their senses when they had their first photograph taken. A photographic image captures the unique identity of the subject of the photograph but imposes a significant temporal (time) asymmetrical pattern. The action of this photograph radically changed the inner symmetry of the senses of the photographed human being. Fortunately, this debilitating adverse condition is reversible.

To restore a significant temporal (time) symmetry to any person's senses, it is necessary to acquire one photograph which was exposed when the person was young and another photograph exposed when the person was older. Each photograph is placed, individually, into it's own clear plastic bag. The two plastic bags, each containing a spaced time photograph of the same individual, should be placed inside the freezer compartment of the domestic refrigerator. This will create a most unusual beneficial phenomenon. After placing the two separate photographs within the freezer compartment, either live or recorded music should be played within the listening room. A significant improvement to the musical sound should have taken place. Removing the photographs from the freezer compartment should produce an immediate adverse response if the music is played again. Replacing the two photographs within the freezer compartment will immediately restore the beneficial improvement in the sound. It should be noted that it is not necessary for the photographs to reach the low temperature of the freezer compartment. This experiment demonstrates that within the freezer compartment, there exists a high degree of symmetry and that this symmetrical condition is imposed on the temporal asymmetric condition of the two chronologically spaced photographs and is, in turn, imposed on the senses of the human subject of the photographs. It is unfortunate that the vast majority of people, including many who work in science and technology, do not appreciate that a photograph functions within the quantum mechanical world.

From WHAT A MESS !!!! -- An alternative view of reality

Are there any independent tests of this new methode, any reviews?

Yes.

I followed another of Belt’s suggestions, with information gleaned from an article entitled "What a Mess!!! An alternative view of reality" on the Belt Electronics web page. In the article, Belt asserts that photographing a person affects them adversely, and that if you place a photograph of yourself as an infant or small child along with a current photograph of yourself in a plastic bag in the freezer, you will improve your listening experience. Does this change the sound of your audio equipment? It doesn’t?it changes you, and your enjoyment of the music, and the effect will follow you everywhere. I have my photos in the freezer, and it has not only improved my enjoyment of music at home, but at fellow audiophiles homes nearby, and as far away as Las Vegas during this year’s CES.

Carol Clark of Positive Feedback, from Adventures in Cryogenics (experimenting with the theories of Peter Belt)

Any more questions?

se

I will, but I am puzzled why you would choose such conditions. But your measurements, your setup.

Bruno Putzey's settings (along with 30mV/20R/100k, 13V/20R/600R, and 13V/600R/600R).

Was trying to look for the "micro diodes" that John had claimed he had measured.

But even when looking better than 20dB below John's measurements, there was no sign of them.

se

Hi,

And here's AP's own spec at 2VRMS.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I guess they should have their own unit checked, eh?

Not sure why they should have theirs checked, it looks okay. Mine looks very similar on loop back if I use well screened cables that do not use steel center conductors.

Ciao T

SY said:
DF96, if you haven't used tungsten alloy, what you have there is a resonator. Attach a microphone to it, put it on a shake table along with two hundred golfballs, sweep it through the audio range at a +/-2cm displacement, then tell me it's a good chassis. That might be acceptable in mass market dog droppings, but there are those of us who appreciate the finer points of performance and cannot settle for metals with meager nuclei.
I guess I should stop listening to shopkeepers, with their silly ideas about supporting the weight of three big Sowter transformers. Fortunately my amp was not for the mass market, but was an (extremely) limited edition carefully hand-made for the customer. The customer asked me to omit the usual dog droppings, as he finds that some olefactory responses can disturb auditory pleasure. I don't have a shake table, so have to make do with playing Bob Marley very loud.

Changing the subject entirely (back to physics!) has anyone done an order-of-magnitude calculation of the likely noise coming from domain switching (or domain wall migration) in a ferromagnetic material subjected to likely magnetic fields from a reasonably well-built audio amp? I believe that under the right conditions, set up to detect it, this can be heard as clicks as a magnetic field is gradually increased. I suspect that this phenomenon is not relevant, but it would be nice to have this confirmed.

Steve,

Bruno Putzey's settings (along with 30mV/20R/100k, 13V/20R/600R, and 13V/600R/600R).

Was trying to look for the "micro diodes" that John had claimed he had measured.

But even when looking better than 20dB below John's measurements, there was no sign of them.

Well, if that is what you are doing, have fun.

I wonder if you could explain why reasonably well aged "generic" (e.g. what comes in the box with most cheap gear) cables do not measure like a loopback using RG-223/Mil on HD?

Ciao T

Status
Not open for further replies.