John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

So you see my point! The information is very poor online. But there is no mistaking the difference in person. There's a place with many large cats, including Cougars, on the Roosevelt/Columbia near where my grandfather lived. The Cougars are rather small (especially next to the Lions). In no way do they resemble what mountain men describe as a Mountain Lion.

Now those articles claim people up North say "Mountain Lion" but the reality is the PWN you get both Mountain Lion & Cougar, adding to the confusion.

While they are considerably more rare, the very large "cougar" that is a Mountain Lion are more consistently found in nature - occupying more premium territory - compared to freak sized animals that are extremely rare in other species. Hunters sure get excited when they bag one.

As we all know, Spice is not 100% reality, but still a useful tool.

Patrick

Attachments

• Distortion Spectrum.png
    Distortion Spectrum.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 296
As we all know, Spice is not 100% reality, but still a useful tool.

Patrick

Patrick, try your SIM at 10kHz. I do not want to argue, but you will get better results with opamp like OPA627 + Walt Jung type diamond buffer output stage, speaking about distortion. I do not think there is any technical reason (meaning specs) to use output mosfets.

Wavebourn, you should stick to what circuits you know to defend or criticize them. You are speculating without trying.
Now let me ask you something: Would you still recommend using the AD823 and the AD795 for your design. Did you just 'liberate' these devices from your former employer? They make no rational sense, one is a dual, the other is current starved.

Probably. And there is only one way to find out.

I might be tempted to build the FET version later, just for fun.
Not that I expect it to become our new reference.
We also tried the OPA1622 headphone opamp a while ago.
Rather disappointing actually when compared to our more serious references, despite all the publicity.

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.