John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The obvious answer is a pocket watch! Lots of room inside for beautiful workmanship. The fashion accessory is a nice fob chain.

I, like Scott, do not wear anything but my wedding ring. I tried in high school to wear a wristwatch, but broke out in a rash, end of that activity.

Otherwise, I look at the shadows on the ground for the time. Oh wait, that won't work, I like in Oregon, no shadows!

Cheers
Alan

Especially not today! Although I'm not minding it.

Speaking of shaky hands, I used to trade our techs the detailed wafer handling (cleanroom) for any of the mutagenic chemical processes. They enjoyed the yield benefits and I was happy to worry less about any potential future progeny (our techs were a bit older and have children only a bit younger than me). That was before I found coffee. :D

No, and ignorance past the MSDS is bliss. Lots of scary stuff. And then there's HF.

When I was in college an art student friend decided for a project he would try to etch an image on glass. Had no problem stopping by "chemical stores" and picking up a pint after all he had an in-house account to pay for it.

Problem was it did lightly etch the glass before the resist dissolved but as it did not frost anything the image was barely visible.

Probably can buy it on the internet these days.

You must have a very forgiving wife if she lets you walk around unbranded.

She is indeed broad minded, however she's alos a planner. I don't even own a bridal ring, but she owns six of them. Besides, we both know the ring actually does nothing on its own, faithful is a state of mind. In all honesty, I'd be VERY hard pushed to find anyone like her again.

I can't stand anything around my wrists, In fact I wear nothing but my wedding ring. My phone keeps better time than any of these watches.
I generally know the time to within a few minutes, usually not more than five.
Sometimes I goof and get get it wrong by 15 mins or so, but not often.
I regularly wake 1 min or so before my morning alarm, and I regularly correctly expect timers to to turn off in the next minute or so.
I haven't worn a watch since primary school, can't stand them, no jewellry either.

Dan.

Attachments

• cartoon.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 179
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
And they probably won't kill you if mishandled.

I prefer to sandblast for etching glass. But then I have the chamber and right tools.

I do also. Being eccentric..... I have the whole kitchen counter top made of thick tempered Diamond clear glass and I had it sand blasted on back then painted to match cabinet color. Its beautiful and started a trend. sand blasted surface allowed the paint to stick best. The etch is deeper than chemical and rougher for good paint grip on back side.

[Yes it was hard to cut curves, holes etc in the glass for sink and stove etc. Used a water cutter in L.A.]

DSC02412.JPG

THx-RNMarsh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.